Hank on the cheap?

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank on the cheap?

Postby Trojun » Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 am

Im sure there are other oldies like me who keep well away from anything to do with 'midi' or 'interface'. But ive just bought one of those guitar link gadgets from ebay for a fiver (even less if you wait a few weeks for delivery from China).
I just plugged the usb connector into my old laptop, guitar lead into the input and headphones or speakers into the stereo out socket, on the instalation disc you get Guitar rig 2, which i know when it first came out cost several hundred pounds.
There are loads of amps and effects to choose from, on the display i clicked, ac30, studio reverb, equalizer, compressor and 3 delay modules, after tinkering with the time settings of the delays i got very close to 'apache' and 'wonderful land', using my Magicstomp with echotapper as a reference.
Never thought i could have so much fun for less than the price of a set of strings.

Dave
Trojun

Full Real Name: Dave Corner

Re: Hank on the cheap?

Postby nivramarvin » Mon May 21, 2018 7:08 am

I'm also still using GuitarRig occasionally, although unfortunately it is no longer supported by "Native Instruments".
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Return to Gear