Fender stratocaster classic player 60's

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender stratocaster classic player 60's

Postby jimuc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 am

I have just purchased a Classic Player 60's in Sonic Blue.
What a beautiful custom shop instrument this is.
It is a 2007 model which has never been played. Turns out the chap who bought it did not like the 12" radius fret board so put it back in it's gig bag and forgot about it.
Eleven years later he decided to sell and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. There is not a mark on it and the protective films are still on the scratch plate and trem covers all the tags and candy are present.
All I need to do is find a nice Fender hard case to put it in (Don't like gig bags !!!!)
Cheers, JIm :D :D :D
Never nail a door shut that you may want to go back through
jimuc

Full Real Name: Jim Dunlop

Re: Fender stratocaster classic player 60's

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Jim, I have a genuine Fender tweed hard case which I could be tempted to part with. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby jimuc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your reply. I am at present negotiating with a chap for one but if it falls through what sort of price did you have in mind.
What condition is the case in ?
Cheers Jim
jimuc

Postby RUSSET » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi Jim,
I too own a Fender 'Classic Player' Strat. Mine is the '50s version in two-tone sunburst with a Maple fingerboard. I regard it as my 'Buddy Holly' guitar. I believe it has some version of the '50s Vintage pickups & sounds very good. I remember seeing the '60s model in Sonic Blue at the time I bought it. I think you will find it is a version of the Mexican made 'Classic series' with a few upgrades, like the custom pickups & the two point trem bridge. I think mine was less than £400 new, when I bought it, probably about 8-10 years ago. I see those specialty Mex models are in the £700 bracket now, like the 'Baja' Teles. They are great instruments, & I would never part with mine.

regards, Tony.
RUSSET

Postby jimuc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks for that Tony, yes it certainly is a quality instrument and definitely a "keeper"

Cheers, Jim
jimuc

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Jim, case is in great condition both inside and out, red velour interior is like new and tweed outside has some very minor marking (but not torn) just from being loaded and unloaded in the car. What about £90? I can send you some pics if you give me your email address.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:48 pm

[quote="jimuc"]I have just purchased a Classic Player 60's in Sonic Blue.
It is a 2007 model which has never been played. Turns out the chap who bought it did not like the 12" radius fret board so put it back in it's gig bag and forgot about it.
Eleven years later he decided to sell and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. There is not a mark on it and the protective films are still on the scratch plate and trem covers all the tags and candy are present.
All I need to do is find a nice Fender hard case to put it in (Don't like gig bags !!!!)
[/quote

Try Gear4Music, £49.99 and they deliver. I have two, one for my P Bass and one for my Gretsch 5122 - excellent quality. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby jimuc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:Hi Jim, case is in great condition both inside and out, red velour interior is like new and tweed outside has some very minor marking (but not torn) just from being loaded and unloaded in the car. What about £90? I can send you some pics if you give me your email address.

Alan,
The guy I was negotiating with has just accepted my offer, so sorry but I will not be requiring the case.
Thanks for your offer.
Cheers Jim
jimuc

Postby jimuc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:53 pm

dave robinson wrote:
jimuc wrote:I have just purchased a Classic Player 60's in Sonic Blue.
[/quote

Try Gear4Music, £49.99 and they deliver. I have two, one for my P Bass and one for my Gretsch 5122 - excellent quality. :)

Thanks for that Dave but now fixed up.
Cheers Jim
jimuc

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Take that sticky plastic stuff off as soon as you can. does more harm than good if you leave I on or too long.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Next

Return to Gear