Fender Pro Junior

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Pro Junior

Postby TWANGER 59 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

Hi , i have a Pro Junior amp with fitted JAN5751 input valves and HARMA E84 BT output valves , also with a Webber FL150 vintage speaker , the tone and general sound is fantastic , i am using my Mexican Fifties Classic Series Vintage Strat with Lindey Frailin Real 54 pick ups . I allways have the guitar volume on full , as with my other Amps , but find this one distorts , unless i turn the guitar volume down to 8.5 , i am using my RFX2200 echo unit , also my other strats fitted with Custom 54 pick ups are much the same , i have only played it at home to date with the amp volume at about 2.5 , i know a lot of players turn the guitar volume down , but i like it on full , any suggestions ? thanks Ron .
TWANGER 59

Re: Fender Pro Junior

Postby David Martin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 am

Can you turn down the output from the RFX? Sounds like it's overdriving the preamp...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby petercreasey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 am

Hiya Ron,
David's right, I always keep the input and output of the 2200 at no more than half to stop it overdriving ( I use the front input socket)
Hope this helps
Take care
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby TWANGER 59 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi , thanks for the replies , i like the tone i get with the input at 10-30 and output at 12-0 , using the front input , i cant seem to get the same tone in another position , i do wear a hearing aid which can sometimes rattle or distort ,i have now started using just the r/hand aid only, which helps a little , could you suggest some approx input-output positions ? regards Ron
TWANGER 59

Postby petercreasey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 pm

HIya Ron,
I set mine at 12 o'clock on both input and output, but I don't usually have the guitar volume turned up full

Hope this helps
Take care
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby TWANGER 59 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 am

Hi again , i have now changed the output valves to Groove Tube Gold Series EL84 R 5 , the sound is amazing , even my wife popped her head round the door to say how good it sounded ! 1st time thats happened , i now have the RFX input and output at the 11-30 position , which seems good , Ron
TWANGER 59

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 pm

TWANGER 59 wrote: even my wife popped her head round the door to say how good it sounded !

The acid test :lol:
Mikey

Return to Gear