Buy a Mexican Fender? READ THIS...

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Buy a Mexican Fender? READ THIS...

Postby David Martin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Mexican_Fender_-_Features_and_Benefits_W55.cfm

And after, dig around on this site... I've been looking for stuff like their pots, wiring kits etc for ages, and if you read how they spec their components you can appreciate the difference... (just waiting for the Jaguar kits to come back into stock)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Buy a Miexican Fender? READ THIS...

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks David... seen these before and like the idea of the Toneshaper although a bit pricey lots of options all configerable with dip switches... and they stock Callaham stuff too ..
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Re: Buy a Mexican Fender? READ THIS...

Postby tony parnham » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi David,
I've had a Yuri shish/ybarra pickup strat, Custom 24 PRS and have still an Ibanez Jem Steve Vai signature and also Malmsteen signature so I am familiar with high end stuff all costing a lot. I've even had a 2004 USA strat at £799 and a Fender 1976 original which I bought from new in that year for a comparison if you like. However, I recently bought the Mex classic 50's around £400 and it just sings. It's just one of those guitars where all the parts seem to work together really well. As far as the Stratocasters I've had are concerned the difference in sound with this guitar fitted with CS 54's and the high end stuff is hardly even marginal. For this money the Mexican is a snip and the guy in your link is spot on.
Tony
tony parnham

Full Real Name: Tony Parnham

Re: Buy a Mexican Fender? READ THIS...

Postby Martyn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:03 pm

My strat's a mex so I followed the link. One really useful feature of the site is to listen to sound samples of different pickups - or at least it would be but whenever I clicked on any of them all I got was: 'The system cannot find the file specified', so obviously there's a problem somewhere.
Martyn
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Return to Gear