AC30 valves

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

AC30 valves

Postby buckshot » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:25 am

G'day
I am updating the Valves in my 67 AC30. Anyone have any preferences for Shads type sounds etc .
I put Mullards in last year (El84's) and they have had the cactus already. Need something that doesn't hum etc and gives that nice warm sound.
regards
Buckshot :D
buckshot

Re: AC30 valves

Postby TWANGER 59 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

Hi , ring Derick at Watford Valves Tel 01923 893 270 or look on their web site , i have just had a pair of Harma E84L - BT which give the highest clean headroom of the range , regards Ron
TWANGER 59

Postby buckshot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks Ron,
I had a look at the site. As I live in OZ the total kit would be too expensive the way the $ is at the moment. Thanks anyway, but I think the USA is the most affordable way for me to go.
Cheers
Buckshot :D
buckshot

Postby RogerCook » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Buckshot

Whilst my amp is not a real A30, it has an AC30 output stage and I'm happy with the sound from the JJ EL84s I'm using, though they are not the coolest running valves which could be an issue in an enclosed cab like the AC30

Roger
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby buckshot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks Roger,
I use a like 8" fan behind the amp as it surely does get hot. Just as well the vents are metal or, if they were plastic, I am sure they would melt. :D

Buckshot
buckshot

Return to Gear