ebay NOS Hank Marvin Strat

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

ebay NOS Hank Marvin Strat

Postby MagicOurMorris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 pm

On ebay there is currently for sale a used "Hank Marvin" Fiesta Red NOS 56 Strat item number 192745211381 for £2600 This must be a special edition as the Tremelo Arm and bridge don't appear correct for that period of time ie 56 NOS?
MagicOurMorris

Full Real Name: Keith Sayles

Re: ebay NOS Hank Marvin Strat

Postby Hank2k » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Its not a Hank Marvin strat as such. It is a Custom Shop 56 made to a spec same as Hank Marvin. Guitar Guitar do this every now and then but its not an official Hank Marvin endorsed instrument
Hank2k

Postby Tone » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi Keith

What Steve says is correct but here can be differences in spec between guitars in this range. Some are close to the original 56 models in that they have a 21 fret neck, vintage bridge, standard tuners and Custom 50s pickups (I have one like that) while others, like the one in question, have a 22 fret neck, Vintage Noiseless pickups and locking tuners. I'm not sure about the bridge on these models. There can also be quite a big variation in the neck figuring - in my opinion the guitar in question is at the lower end of the scale in that respect.

The tremolo arm is certainly not standard and looks like like the push-in arm you get with Fender's modern bridge so it occurs to me that the seller may have replaced the original bridge and trem although if that was the case I'd have thought that he would have mentioned it in the description.

If you're interested in buying it why not ask him, and also get the serial no. The price looks to be on the high side, though,

Cheers.

Tony
Tone

Full Real Name: Tony Ramsden

Postby MagicOurMorris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks for the info Steve & Tony much appreciated.

Best Regards

Keith
MagicOurMorris

Full Real Name: Keith Sayles

Return to Gear