white Fender Stratocasters imported into the UK

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

white Fender Stratocasters imported into the UK

Postby Stratpack » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:42 pm

This article was in today's Daily Mail which maybe of interest regards the mention of three white fenders being imported into the uk.

MY HUSBAND DAVID
by Petrina Bache

DAVID was known as the ‘banjo player in bare feet’ because that ishow he loved to play. He was born in Birmingham and att he age of 11 learned to play the guitar, which ignited his lifelong passion for music.In the Sixties, three white Fender Stratocasters were imported into the UK. David’s father bought one for him, and the other two were acquired by Shane Fenton, who later became famous as Alvin Stardust. David played in theschool jazz band, pop groups and in a support band for the RollingStones. He then joined the Tommy Burton jazz quartet, playing the banjo, and regularly appeared on the BBC’s Pebble Mill At One.He married his first wife, Gwen, in 1968 and they had four children Anita, Karen, Emily and Andrew.The family moved to Hampshire and David became involved in barbershop music.Tragically, Gwen died in 1983, and David was left to bring up the children as well as working full-time for Granada TV. We met at a choir rehearsal and the rest is history. We got married and together with my daughter, Michelle,combined our two families. In 1986, we moved to Peterborough and it wasn’t long before David had started a male and female barbershop chorus. Music brought us together and was such a great part of our lives. David was the CEO of Age UK Peterborough and he worked tirelessly to raise awareness of the needs of older people. He was always seeking new ways to help the elderly maintain their independence. His five grandchildren adored their grandad. David also loved wildlife photography and enjoyed nothing more than photographing the red kites flying over our garden.He was diagnosed with cancer in February 2018 and throughout his illness he remained positive and determined — he was an inspiration to family and his many friends. Since his death, I have been overwhelmed by the cards and letters I’ve received — my husband had made a big impression in the charity sector and so many people genuinely cared for him. No one would have been more surprised than David — a gentle, modest man who loved his family and music.

DAVID WILLIAM BACHE,
born June 14, 1947; died
December 21, 2018, aged 7

Daily Mail 01/02/2019

Stratpack
Stratpack

Full Real Name: mike behagg

Re: white Fender Stratocasters imported into the UK

Postby drakula63 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Looks like there might be a bit of a Hank/Shadows influence going on here...
Attachments
IMG_8546_opt (1).jpg
IMG_8546_opt (1).jpg (47.22 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Return to Gear