Jap 62 reissue pick ups

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Jap 62 reissue pick ups

Postby John » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Evening all, Are these pick ups Ok or not, I know its a matter of opinion but are they fender 57/62 pick ups or cheapo's with magnet bars joining each pole like the cheap chinese ones,
cheers John
John

Re: Jap 62 reissue pick ups

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 pm

On the MIJ '62 fiesta red Strat that I bought and later sold on, the pickups were standard Japanese Stat pickups, without a bar magnet. They looked like normal Strat pickups and sounded OK. They are not 57/62's. The reason I sold the guitar was because I acquired a USA '62 reissue.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby 47guitarman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am

Hi John,
The MIJ 62 reissue that I had came with US vintage alnico pickups.
I sold the guitar to Kevin, only because it did not get played very often - I mainly play my 57 reissue. Kevin plays it regularly at the Southend club, so you have probably heard it in action. There is certainly nothing wrong with the pickups.
I see from the MIJ website that the US vintage alnico pickups are still standard on that guitar.
See you next Tuesday at Southend ??
Regards, Dave
47guitarman

Full Real Name: Dave Moore

Postby John » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Hello Dave, thanks, There is a set on ebay and I am thinking of changing my pick ups but if thay are the same as the ones on my mex classic 50's then I will look at different types.
Hope to see you Tuesday. I have not been able to make the last few nights at Southend or Burnham , everything from work , illness and bloody family turning up unanounced :shock: conspiring against me getting out
Cheers John
John

Return to Gear