Help with Joyo Actone output

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Help with Joyo Actone output

Postby MikeAB » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:52 am

I'm just about to gift my Grandson a battered old Kay Strat copy as he is starting lessons at school. I plan to give him my Actone pedal as well as I don't use it.

Problem is with headphones connected to the 'out' signal from the pedal there is only sound on the left channel. Every component works properly on its own elsewhere - so is that a feature inherent in the Actone output or is it maybe faulty?

All help/comment appreciated.

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Re: Help with Joyo Actone output

Postby Stu's Dad » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Mike,

It's probably because the Joyo's outlet is mono but the headphones have a stereo jack. You could solve it by fitting a mono jack to the headphones, but then they wouldn't be much use for stereo music. Maybe the answer's a cheap set of headphones just for guitar practice.

Good luck,

Len
Stu's Dad

Full Real Name: Leonard Evans

Re: Help with Joyo Actone output

Postby MikeAB » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks Len - kind of expected that explanation was likely so have ordered a mono input to stereo output adapter - we'll see if it works!

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Return to Gear