JMI AC30/6 TB owner’s manual.

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

JMI AC30/6 TB owner’s manual.

Postby Frdrory » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Dear members, I am the lucky new owner of a JMI AC30 / 6 TB 50 anniversary the Shadows edition. I am looking for the owners manual which unfortunately was lost with the previous owner. Is there anybody who can give me a copy of his JMI? Thanks in advance. Frank.
Frdrory

Full Real Name: Frank Dupont

Re: JMI AC30/6 TB owner’s manual.

Postby JimN » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:07 pm

There doesn't appear to be an available manual for the AC30/6 on the Vox site - only for the more modern 2- and 4-input versions.

But the (USA) Vox Showroom site has a link to the original manuals for a mid-sixties AC30TB (which is effectively the same thing). See it here: http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/JMIOM1.html
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby dave robinson » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm

JimN wrote:There doesn't appear to be an available manual for the AC30/6 on the Vox site - only for the more modern 2- and 4-input versions.

But the (USA) Vox Showroom site has a link to the original manuals for a mid-sixties AC30TB (which is effectively the same thing). See it here: http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/JMIOM1.html

He is talking about JMI, not Vox. :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby JimN » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Are they different?
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby bazmusicman » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Frdrory wrote:Dear members, I am the lucky new owner of a JMI AC30 / 6 TB 50 anniversary the Shadows edition. I am looking for the owners manual which unfortunately was lost with the previous owner. Is there anybody who can give me a copy of his JMI? Thanks in advance. Frank.

Hi Frank,

I have one of these Amps that I bought new (No. 6 of 10 ) limited Edition. I don't remember getting a handbook / manual with it, I might be wrong so I'll keep looking and let you know.

I am thinking of selling mine. It is as 'brand new' having never left the house. I also have an AC15 Amp that is all valve (including the rectifier) Made in England 1996 (not China) for sale in unmarked condition if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Baz.
bazmusicman

Full Real Name: barry palmer

Postby Frdrory » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you in advance for your response and efforts, dear friends. I now have number 9 of 10. I cannot understand that an amplifier in this price class was supplied without papers or schematics. I live in Belgium and the amplifier is not really known here. Fortunately there is internet and this forum and people who make the effort to answer. I understand that meanwhile the company has ceased to exist. Baz, don't you think you'll regret selling your amp? I am very happy I found this one. The sound is awesome 8-). Once again thanks for the help.
Frdrory

Postby bazmusicman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Frdrory wrote:Thank you in advance for your response and efforts, dear friends. I now have number 9 of 10. I cannot understand that an amplifier in this price class was supplied without papers or schematics. I live in Belgium and the amplifier is not really known here. Fortunately there is internet and this forum and people who make the effort to answer. I understand that meanwhile the company has ceased to exist. Baz, don't you think you'll regret selling your amp? I am very happy I found this one. The sound is awesome 8-). Once again thanks for the help.

Hi Frank,
Yes it is a lovely Amp and as you say, the sound is awesome. I have thought long and hard about "shall I sell / don't I sell" etc. I also have a 1964 JMI AC30 with the built in top boost which the Anniversary JMI is based on, so I will still have 'the sound'. I am 76 years old I have just bought a Pedal Steel Guitar so I need to sell some amps that I am not using to make some money and free up some room in my little den!
bazmusicman

Postby Frdrory » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 pm

What a nice collection of amplifiers that you have in your possession. And nice to hear that despite your beautiful age you are still able to make music and play the guitar. I am very curious if there is a noticeable difference in sound between the original Vox and the JMI. Since you have both in your possession, you are the perfect person to give an opinion on this.
Frdrory

Postby bazmusicman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Frdrory wrote:What a nice collection of amplifiers that you have in your possession. And nice to hear that despite your beautiful age you are still able to make music and play the guitar. I am very curious if there is a noticeable difference in sound between the original Vox and the JMI. Since you have both in your possession, you are the perfect person to give an opinion on this.

Back in the mid 60's I did have a 1959/60 AC30 TV Front Amp ( one of 10 made for The Shadows ). But sadly like the Shadows it kept playing up so I sold it. (Isn't hindsight a good thing!)

The sound from both my current JMI's are really wonderful, but I have neuropathy in my hands which makes it harder for me to play chords so my playing isn't good enough for me to judge which is better.. This is why I have a Pedal Steel Guitar on order / being made (I'm left handed). I have been playing basic Lap steel Guitar for a year and like the sound of PSG so I thought I would give it a go! At least it will still keep me in "the music loop".

I'm going to our Shadows Club tonight and give a few Shadows tunes a go with my Stratocaster.
bazmusicman

Postby hansaustria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:44 pm

I purchased one in 2009 after the Shadows had given back their amps used for their tour on stage. Got no manual as I remember me. Great sounding amp. Is your amp fitted with Tayden speakers?
hansaustria

Full Real Name: Johann Wolfgang Schmotz

Next

Return to Gear