Boss Katana Mk II

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Boss Katana Mk II

Postby Stu's Dad » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:22 pm

This is for all the Katana experts out there. I've just bought the Katana 50 MkII and done the Sneaky Amps dowload, but it's just 15 amps, not the 27 people speak of. I think all the main ones are there anyway, but I'm wondering if I've done anything wrong.

The second question is a bit easier. I've set it all up on my main laptop and it's fine - Windows 10. I've got a Windows 7 laptop in my little studio, can I use the amp connected to either?

I'm enjoying this amp, it's a beauty, but I'd like to get the best out of it.

Len
Stu's Dad

Full Real Name: Leonard Evans

Re: Boss Katana Mk II

Postby dave robinson » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:17 pm

It should work with both platforms as long as you have the Boss software installed on each.
I use my 100 head at home with my Macbook Pro, experimenting with the FX and tones. I save the patches in the library and transfer whatever I want to use on stage onto my other Katana 100 head that I gig with. It's a good piece of kit and I enjoy using it. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Stu's Dad » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Thanks Dave, it'll be a few days before I get the chance to try it, I'm on all sorts of Christmas duties this week, but I'll post if I'm successful.

Len
Stu's Dad

Postby Stu's Dad » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:25 pm

I've resolved the first issue about the sneaky amps by joining the VGuitar forum - for Roland / Boss users. If anyone else gets a Mk II, the sneaky amps are in two sets now, so you need both for the complete set. As it happens the second set are for the screaming noise brigade, anything we might want is all in the first 15.

Len
Stu's Dad

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:00 pm

"Screaming Noise Brigade"? I like that, something tells me I shall be stealing that one quite a lot.

(You need to put a little 'TM' after it Len.)
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Stu's Dad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I've made it Open Source Steve, anyone can have it :lol:
Stu's Dad

Return to Gear