Faulty Quadraverb GT

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Faulty Quadraverb GT

Postby kenJA58 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:56 pm

I bought a Quadraverb GT some months ago (not Shadows programmed), and never checked it. On trying it recently I found it powered up ok, shows all the patches ok, but all 4 LEDs come on and stay on, and no sound will pass through the unit at all.
I've visually checked inside and can see nothing amiss, like fried components, obviously faulty joints etc.
Could anyone shed any light on possible problems, things to check etc?
kenJA58

Full Real Name: Ken Adams

Re: Faulty Quadraverb GT

Postby dave robinson » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi Ken, I bought an Alesis Microverb a few weeks ago and that did exactly the same, lit up and looked ready to use, but no sound. I thought it was knackered but luckily I had an Alesis Drum machine that used a similar PSU and tried it and it worked.
What I'm saying is make sure your PSU is the right type, it has to be AC not DC. The previous owner of mine didn't know and as his original one stopped working many years ago, he just bought a replacement, but it was the wrong one. When I checked it said DC 9v and the Alesis is AC 9v. It's worth checking.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby kenJA58 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:40 am

Thanks Dave that's an interesting observation. However my psu is correct AC one. It does though perhaps point to voltages being an issue. The AC would be converted to DC inside the unit and whether correct voltages are reaching the correct parts is worth a look. Problem is where to look? Anyone got any technical know-how on this?
kenJA58

Postby Ian Miller » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:41 am

Have you tried a factory reset?
To do this hold the Program and Bypass buttons down while powering up.
Just a thought.

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby kenJA58 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:34 am

Yes tried factory reset, no result.
kenJA58

Return to Gear