NUX Tape Core pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Have read instructions and you can save only one setting for recall

When you have set the echo up as you want to save it.

1 press and hold foot switch and switch switch to T lock position

2 to recall that one preset , with power off switch to T lock and power on pedal to recall the saved preset.

If you are using it normally switch should be on normal or tails to use knobs to set delays up.

So if you use a preset from computer that you load , I wonder if you can after loading it, press and hold foot switch and put switch on T lock to save those settings ? Does not say as you say manual not great.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm

I don't know how I did it, but I just saved seven different patches of my own making to the seven presets and switched off.
The machine is still in the same mode with my patches in those seven positions, though the originals can't be recalled without hooking up to the computer and restoring them.
I'm enjoying this a lot, probably because of the price. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby emielvisser » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:46 am

I saved 7 presets too and after a night sleep they are still there, no battery in and switched off.
I emailed to NuX and asked whether there is a proper manual and if not, what LOAD means.
As soon as I get an answer I'll let know.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:36 am

Mine are all still in place so I think it's sorted out now.
I was comparing today with H&C and it does Apache spot on, but because there are only three virtual heads it isn't possible to get the correct pattern because four are required.
That said, you can do a reasonable job using three by getting the head values and timings close.
At the price you could run two NUX Tape Core pedals together, using minimum floor space (six heads) and still have change from a hundred quid, it's a no brainer. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:52 pm

When you say 7 preset I am guessing the 7 modes of the mode switch each have their own setting that is remembered. Are you using the T Lock switch ? According to manual you can only save one set of settings, but it could mean 1 for each mode. In any case to recall preset it says to switch to T L9ck and power on pedal. So are you starting your pedal up with T Lock position engaged . What happens is you start up in say normal position ?
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 pm

The seven positions that the unit comes with are the original Roland RE-201 presets.You can use these as you would the old Space Echo.
If you connect to your computer and use the software, you have a choice of making your own alterations to timing and head values which I did, making the sounds of Apache and all the rest as close as I could get. I made seven in total, saving one to each of those positions on the dial, but losing the original ones at the same time. When you close down the computer software you are asked if you wish to save, so you say yes and it asks you to name it. I called mine 'stage' and then I disconnected and switched off.
This morning I fired up the echo - no computer, straight into my amp and my setting were there from last night, selectable on the 1-7 switch. All I need to do on a gig is choose the number and set the TIME for the desired effect. You can go back to original settings by connecting up to the computer and pressing RESET.
I've been playing with it all day and I've compared it with all my competition and it holds it's own. It could be good to run two, so might just get another for £42 from Bax Shop :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Are you using the saturation control Dave , if so what do you find works ?
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:39 pm

No I left it alone for starters Roger, I will look into it though. The echoes a match for all the other machines I've compared to and I've no worries about gigging it when we get back 'at it'. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:54 pm

They are down to £40 so I got another one and should be here on Monday. Watch this space ! :D
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby emielvisser » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:35 am

It's a pity that the times of the heads can't be set individually. 
I asked the support centre of NUX  and got an answer straight away, there fixed.
I have got no reaction on my question about the LOAD button.
I wonder what 2 units will do, you can double the times of one of them for more possibilities, hope it works.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

PreviousNext

Return to Gear