NUX Tape Core pedal

For anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units inc eTap plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby John Brown » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:09 pm

fenderplucker wrote:Hi Dave,

It would be nice if you could post a sound file or two demonstrating what the NUX can do.

Paul.

I think Dave gives this site really more really good info on all different products without bias!!, so it’s his decision what he does or not
Best Regards
John
John Brown

Full Real Name: John Brown

Postby emielvisser » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong sharing knowledge to help and inspire eachother like I shared the settings I found on my device.
I always thought that such is one of the purposes of this site like it is to share our experiences of guitars and amps.
Last edited by emielvisser on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby Ian Miller » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:46 pm

It’s also very easy to find head timings for Shadows tunes online, just go to the TVS3 website!

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby emielvisser » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Indeed TVS3 gives much information, but to find the settings on the Nux is very different and interesting because of the variety of intervals and the fact that there are just three heads
emielvisser

Postby John Brown » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm

emielvisser wrote:Nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong sharing knowledge to help and inspire eachother like I shared the settings I found on my device.
I always thought that such is one of the purposes of this site like it is to share our experiences of guitars and amps.

Yes but Dave has shared far more expertise on this site more than anybody and it his choice whether to or not.
Best Regards
John
John Brown

Full Real Name: John Brown

Postby Ian Miller » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Absolutely John, I quite agree.

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby emielvisser » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:29 pm

I must have been missing something.
It was just a gentl question, but it seems to be a big question.
emielvisser

Postby SteveB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 am

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this..
I have started to have a good play around with this pedal and getting some great sounds and can achieve very good setting for Apache and a few other shadows tunes.
I was hoping that someone might be able to confirm what I have found so far in regards to saving 7 of the settings.
I can (in sync mode) change the note values to give me the echo pattens I desire and I can save and recall all 7 settings and the associated parameters like reverb and saturation etc.
though I cannot save the Time , Mix & Repeat for each of the settings. That means when I want to use one of the 7 patches I have to select the patch no 1-7 then adjust the time, mix and repeat for each piece of music I am going to play. Does this sound correct and have you found the same or have I missed something. If this is correct then its OK for playing at home but inconvenient when playing live to adjust the time, mix and repeat to suit each piece. An other problem is that its not possible to adjust the feedback for each head. It really takes a lot of fiddling around to get the correct settings and it is largely dependent on knowing the echo timings from experience and a clear idea of what you need to achieve.
SteveB

Full Real Name: Steve Bass

Postby emielvisser » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:42 am

Indeed, you can't save the time, repeat and mix setting other then if you chosen i.e. number 1 or whatever, you can switch to Tlock, but every time you want to change the number you have to switch to Normal.
In Tlock you can dial the knobs and the setting will not change.
Feedback is equal for all the three heads.
That is as far as my experience goes.....
Emiel
emielvisser

Postby SteveB » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:03 am

Thank you for confirming that for me Emiel, much appreciated. Its incredible the sounds that you can produce from such a small device.
Best regards
Steve
SteveB

Full Real Name: Steve Bass

PreviousNext

Return to Gear