NUX Tape Core pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby dave robinson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:35 pm

I am using the two Nux pedals together as described earlier and the sound has superseded anything I've heard from similar kit on which I invested thousands of pounds on in days gone by. They have cost a total of £80 and are worth ten times that amount.
Like the post mentioned above, you can use almost any device as your fourth head and as long as you get the feedback and levels correct it will sound good. I've also tried it with the three heads on my Varispeed Copicat with a Nux pedal set with a louder fourth head and it's excellent. I have to remember not to use REGEN or feedback on the first three heads, or at least very little. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby SteveB » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am

emielvisser wrote:Head times are fixed. Head 2 is 2 x head 1 and head 3 is 3 x head 1.
Connecting to the pc makes it possible to differ the intervals by activate the SYNC switch. It is possible to save 7 presets.
Hope this helps.

Thanks For the info Emiel, I will try that
Regards
Steve
SteveB

Full Real Name: Steve Bass

Postby sixtiesman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi All. So, I read this thread and bought a Nux. I have downloaded the software and the editor works in that it says connected and I can alter the settings.
I can't get the upgrade software to work at all. It says device not found. There were two upgrade pieces of software and one editor on the website.

If I can use the editor does it mean it's upgraded already?

I couldn't find the instructions anywhere on the net.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Best regards

sixtiesman
sixtiesman

Full Real Name: clive tallon

Postby dave robinson » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 am

Well as you will have read I'm using a couple to give me exact Meazzi timings for the different tunes, but I could do a good job with a single pedal if need be. I used it on stage for the first time as we had an outdoor gig on Bank Holiday and it sounded superb, I cannot believe the quality and sound for the price.
I managed to get almost the exact Apache echo using the software and trying the different combinations, comparing with my H&C and it does the job. The Apache echo fits quite a few tunes, Man Of Mystery. The Stranger, FBI , just tweaking feedback & speed.
Wonderful land etc can be achieved the same way but it is quite a different setting, but same criteria. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby emielvisser » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 am

Hi Dave, I wonder what settings you use for Apache and the other numbers you mentioned.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby emielvisser » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:45 am

Hi Sixtiesman,
As far as I know, the latest version is 2.0
Emiel
emielvisser

Postby emielvisser » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:55 am

Some of the settings I programmed is:

1/8 D - 1/4 - 1/4 D

1/16 D - 1/8 - 1/2 T

1/16 - 1/4 - 1/4 D

1/16 - 1/4 - 1/2 T

Wonder what others have programmed

Emiel
emielvisser

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:03 pm

I do not have the time or means to explain how I came across the correct patterns other than to say that I stumbled across the settings whilst experimenting with the different note values in the editor. There are a lot of different combinations and by trial and error and by using the speed knob, I found the perfect Apache echo by using a single pedal and I saved it. Wonderful Land and all the tunes that use similar timings does need a second pedal to do it perfectly. I set the second pedal with a single repeat at around 360ms with a little regen and at a higher volume than pedal one, which has the first three taps with very little regen and less level. I decrease the echo volume for tracks that use less echo like Shadoogie, Shindig ect. Also I got a great Flingl Bunt echo on a single pedal setting it somewhere around 445ms on a single tap.
Using the editing tools on the computer i.e. bass, treble and saturation etc I got as good a sound as anything I have ever owned by experimenting and comparing them. You need to put time in and learn how to use it. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby emielvisser » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:28 pm

My idea is to share our knowledge so we can inspire and help eachother. It was no trouble to read the settings on the laptop, done in a few minutes.
Last edited by emielvisser on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
emielvisser

Postby fenderplucker » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:45 am

Hi Dave,

It would be nice if you could post a sound file or two demonstrating what the NUX can do.

Paul.
fenderplucker

Full Real Name: Paul Rossiter

PreviousNext

Return to Gear