NUX Tape Core pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby dave robinson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:25 pm

8F87BD37-3F35-4D85-BF15-E2917CF1DFAE.jpeg
8F87BD37-3F35-4D85-BF15-E2917CF1DFAE.jpeg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 6401 times

Here is the setting that I use for Apache. For Man Of Mystery & Frightened City I add feedback. Compared to my Apache patch on the H&C, this sounds identical.
Emielvisser, those settings that you showed aren't really any use for Shadows Music, I tried them.
I have two more Nux pedals coming next week so I will be able to use four seperate heads, each with their own level and feedback.
I will at some point make recordings to show how good this is, but I am currently working with the Fishman Tripleplay system and getting my head around that and it isn't easy, but it's something that I will use in our shows.
The point about the Nux Tape Core is, I'm delighted with it which is all I care about and I got four of the little beauties for under £200. I've sold all the other stuff and got my money back. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby emielvisser » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 am

I tried your setting, sounds good.
I wonder what the result will be with four Nux' s.
For use at home it will be no problem, but on stage to change the settings might take some time.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby dave robinson » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 am

I'm pleased that my settings are useful to you Emiel.
I used to use four separate stomp boxes on my Helix when I had it, each set to a different head timing from the shortest to the longest tap, allowing me to choose the pattern that I needed. The longest tap had the feedback added which for my purposes was what was needed and gave the 'Wonderful Land' ripple. The problem with the Helix was that it is computer based and it crashed mid performance at the Sheffield City Hall. Luckily it was only briefly and it recovered, but none the less unacceptable. I moved it on.
I will set the four Nux pedals up side by side on my pedal board in much the same way and see how well they do the job, though I can work comfortably with just two, but at the price I've paid, these are great value and have really been bought as back up. They will be here by Wednesday so we'll see how things turn out. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby SteveB » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:49 pm

I managed to get a good setting for Wonderful Land its not perfect but close.
FYI..The image of the wav file the top one (stereo) is how it should be and the bottom is the NUX.
I think you are on the right track Dave with the four pedals, that makes sense and you should be able to get very accurate settings and a great sound.
I think I am going to resurrect my Zoom G3x, and experiment with the NUX when I have more time. I have given the NUX to a friend to have a play with so you might not see any more post from me on this subject for a little while.
Thanks for all the info, it has been very helpful.
Regards
Steve
Attachments
wav_echo.png
wav echo
wav_echo.png (14.01 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
Nux_WL.png
Nux Tape Core Setting
(41.41 KiB) Downloaded 4933 times
SteveB

Full Real Name: Steve Bass

Postby emielvisser » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 am

Hi Steve,
Good example but I think the echo's are a bit to early as you can see also on the information you added, very interesting.
The NUX is a very intriguing device that invites to experiment, though for the comfort I prefer my ZOOM MS50G.
Cheers,
Emiel
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am

I'm expecting my two additional Nux Tape Core pedals today and look forward to linking them together and experimenting with the massive combinations that will be to hand.
In effect I will have a maximum of twelve heads to play with and will be able to control some individual degree of level and feedback to a decent extent.
Looking forward to passing the time. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Well I lined the four Nux Pedals up side by side on the pedal board and fired everything up, but soon discovered that I don't need more than two in order to do the job for my needs. Can I make four single pedals sound like the Shadows - yes, but it's no better or worse than the effect of just using two of them.
I'm happy to have them as back up at £94 for the pair. It certainly makes the prices of the other stuff look somewhat highly inflated. I can get back to my guitar synth now. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby negninegaw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 am

Just bought a Nux; I haven't tried it yet; but before I start,
do you have any tips how to avoid the trouble that some of you had with upgrading and downloading from the Nux website?

I probably need just 2 settings; 1. the Apache/Man of mystery, 2. the Savage.
For the first, I will try the settings from the image posted by Dave Robinson,
anyone with good results for the Savage?
negninegaw

Full Real Name: Van Wageningen

Re: Update the NUX

Postby sixtiesman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Update the nux

This note is intended for those future owners who are struggling to update the firmware.
Firstly, do not put the battery in!
You can’t do this with the battery in place. You need a standard Boss 9v neg centre supply.

With no power to the pedal
Download the software, unzip, plug in the usb cable from the nux to the computer, run the DFU.
The DFU box says device not found.
Hold down the footswitch on the pedal and plug in your power supply.
The box on your computer screen should indicate recognition. ( You can take your thumb off the footswitch now )
Click on “Select file”. Choose the “.bin” file for the pedal. Click start update. You should see a progress bar move from left to right. It’s very quick, a few seconds. It should say “success” somewhere and you are done.

Search Youtube for “How to - Update the firmware on the NUX Atlantic?”
The DFU software works on several Nux pedals. The video is for the Atlantic pedal and it’s just the same for the Tape Core.
sixtiesman

Full Real Name: clive tallon

Postby dave robinson » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:46 pm

[quote="negninegaw"]Just bought a Nux; I haven't tried it yet; but before I start,
do you have any tips how to avoid the trouble that some of you had with upgrading and downloading from the Nux website?

I probably need just 2 settings; 1. the Apache/Man of mystery, 2. the Savage.
For the first, I will try the settings from the image posted by Dave Robinson,
anyone with good results for the Savage?[/

To get the effect required to play The Savage it takes two of these pedals to do it accurately. I bought two for £94. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to Gear