Stolen Guitars

For anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units inc eTap plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Stolen Guitars

Postby anniv 63 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Just to let everyone know that Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow had a break in
on Saturday 12th December and 12 rather expensive Guitars were stolen(probably to
order)from their sales stock. No Strats taken but a Mexico Telecaster in Fiesta Red appears
on the list which can be viewed on either the company website or the Facebook page and both
detail serial numbers and valuations.
2 young women own the shop and naturally they are devastated particularly as they had an adequate
security system according to police comment.
Most likely this stuff is in dodgy hands now, so if anyone in the Community sees anything suspicious in
any 2nd hand emporium take a second look
Thank You

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Re: Stolen Guitars

Postby Maipailur » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:41 pm

Hey Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the break-in at Strung Out Guitars. It's awful when someone steals something you've worked hard for, especially when it's something as valuable and personal as a guitar. I actually had a similar experience years ago, and it's definitely not a fun situation to deal with.
Maipailur

Full Real Name: Michael Pilum

Postby anniv 63 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:46 pm

A very old topic raised again
As far as I know items never recovered unsurprisingly
Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby Romasheryt » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:56 am

It's good to know that the shop has an adequate security system. Still, unfortunately, sometimes determined thieves can find a way around even the best measures.
Romasheryt

Full Real Name: Roman Sherryt

Postby SantyCarol » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:03 pm

It's good to know that the shop has an adequate security system. Still, unfortunately, sometimes determined thieves can find a way around even the best measures. I hope the police can track the stolen instruments and return them to their owners. In the meantime, it's important to watch for any suspicious activity or guitars for sale that seem too good to be true. It's always better to be safe than sorry. And speaking of security, have you considered installing a house alarm to protect your home and possessions? My Ukrainian friend recently shared some helpful tips on home security: https://ohholding.com.ua/en. They have some good points for everyone.
SantyCarol

Full Real Name: Santy Carol

Postby JJMMWG DuPree » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:42 pm

I was just thinking "Not again" then I noticed the date of the OP. When the Sex Pistols boasted that they stole their drums and bass equipment to get them started from another group I wanted every magazine on the planet to share the news, then it occurred to me that they were almost certainly lying. More recently Suggs did a radio programme in which he joked about Madness nearly getting caught stealing their first saxophone, which really left me confused. I like Madness, I just hope after they became famous they recompensed the shop...

I have heard the comment about Strung Out "What did they expect, opening a guitar shop in Glasgow?" Actually, looking at a few of the guitars that disappeared I'm thinking they probably wound up about as far from Glasgow as possible. They were a bit distinctive. I would never have dared to appear on stage with one of them.
JJMMWG DuPree

Full Real Name: Deke Roberts

Return to Gear