DeArmond 610 pots

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

DeArmond 610 pots

Postby RogerCook » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:36 am

https://www.blore-ed.com/potentiometers

I haven't investigated fully but Blore-Edwards appear to offer different resistances and tapers on a single spindle so this might but be a solution for anyone looking for a replacement pot for a DeArmond 610 pedal. Expensive I suspect, though
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Re: DeArmond 610 pots

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Is there any way of knowing what the actual specs are on the DeArmond 610 ? I have one and it's still working great but you never know. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby RogerCook » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:58 pm

I'll measure the pots on mine. I'm dubious about the info I've found on line. Might take me a day or two.
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby rogera » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:59 pm

The Volume pot is a 1 Meg logarithmic and the tone pots (on same shaft) are 500 K linear and 250 K linear.
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks for that Roger, is there anything about those that is special or makes them likely to be hard to replace ?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby JimN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 pm

dave robinson wrote:Thanks for that Roger, is there anything about those that is special or makes them likely to be hard to replace ?

As you probably know, a 1 megOhm log pot (volume) is standard stuff. I replaced the pot in my original 1967 pedal back in the 1980s. The original had a steel shaft (I still have the defective pot somewhere). The replacement (from Maplin or somewhere) had a nylon shaft (which worked better because you could get the pinion wheel to grip better).

It's the double-ganged pot for the tone control(s) which is non-standard. One pot is logarithmic and other anti-logarithmic (wish I could remember which is which). That set up allows the bass to be cut whilst the treble is being let loose (at one end of the travel). And of course, vice-versa at the other end. It's for this reason that the pedal cuts signal at any setting - there's always something being cut at every pedal position.

Roberto was at one time negotiating with Allen-Bradley to recreate the DeArmond's double-ganged pot, but it was one of the things that fell by the wayside.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby BatterPudding » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:40 pm

Hi all,

Created an account simply to give this thread a nudge!

I'm not so much a surfista but these Dearmonds have a symbiotic relationship with the guitar for me, I'm currently on my third! (got 2 working just in case :oops: )

I sent a gung ho email to Blore Edwards to see if they can recreate the dual stacked tone pot, but wondering if anyone has followed up on this since the last post here? Would be a dream to know the possibility of replacing the pots and keeping these things alive is real. Some of you guys seem to be quite clued up on this topic

Best,

Alex
BatterPudding

Full Real Name: Alexander Burke

Return to Gear