Zoom G3n- a good tutorial to get started?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G3n- a good tutorial to get started?

Postby Tigerdaisy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:07 am

I had the original G3 pedal and found it very easy to use, but this newer version seems to be all over the place and the manual is not really much help to get a system of setting up sounds etc.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Re: Zoom G3n- a good tutorial to get started?

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:32 am

I know what you mean as I am still having difficulty getting mine to talk to my laptop. It was a little confusing at first because it works slightly different to the G3, but once you get the hang of it and you become familiar, it's easy.
Can you describe exactly where you are struggling and I'll try to talk you through it. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Tigerdaisy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Thanks Dave for the generous offer of assistance but I think I've decided to sell it- I've ordered a Boss GT1 as they are markedly easier to use in my experience- I know the quality of the sounds is not as good, but they will do for my purpose. Once again thanks for your offer of assistance.
I'll be selling it on Gumtree at about half full price if anyone's interested- unused and as new with power source and original box- collection only. Putting it up later today.
If anyone is interested I've now put the ad up on Gumtree. Selling for £80.
Last edited by Tigerdaisy on Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Investigating further, I fired up my other computer which hasn't been contaminated with the Zoom G3 software and downloaded the Zoom Tonelib for Zoom and it worked straight away. I guess there are software conflicts taking place on my Macbook which would explain why the Zoom G3Xn wouldn't pick up on there, but the G3X does and it used Edit & Share.
I've now completed the patches for the G3Xn & G3n so they too are free to anyone who needs help.
At this point I feel we owe thanks to the meticulous research of Paul Rossiter because I used his findings to make these patches and although we can't quite match the tone of the echoes on the Meazzi & TVS3, we have the correct timings which does make a difference and the sounds are an improvement on what we had over the past few years.
I have now sold my Zoom G3X and I have one G1Xon for sale with patches for £40 plus postage and a fairly new Zoom G3Xn with my 55 new echo patches @ £150 + postage.
These were purchased to do the work and I'm selling for what hey cost me.
PM me if interested. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby TimRyland » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Dave,

I would be interested in a copy of your G3n patches. I currently use a G1Four, but would be interested to compare your patches with what I’ve got loaded to see if they can be improved on. Looking at it, the basic list of effects is pretty much the same on both, and I think
I may be able to see the patch details with the unit plugged in. Just happy to give it a try.

Tim
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:17 pm

TimRyland wrote:Dave,

I would be interested in a copy of your G3n patches. I currently use a G1Four, but would be interested to compare your patches with what I’ve got loaded to see if they can be improved on. Looking at it, the basic list of effects is pretty much the same on both, and I think
I may be able to see the patch details with the unit plugged in. Just happy to give it a try.

Tim

You need to send me an email Tim and I will send the tracks by return PM me for the details.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby TimRyland » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:44 pm

PM sent.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Return to Gear