Dave Robinsons Free Zoom Patches

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Dave Robinsons Free Zoom Patches

Postby Teflon » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Here's a link to a folder in my Google Drive that has Dave's patches for the Zoom G3 & G3X; G3n & G3Xn; and G1Four: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dave has kindly agreed to make these patches freely available to anyone who needs them, and they can be downloaded using the link above, then "right clicking" on the appropriate zip file and selecting "Download" :) .

Please note: Dave was originally offering these files via e-mail, however the demand was such that he regrettably had to stop responding to individual requests (see here: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18032 ).With this in mind, it would be appreciated if members could avoid contacting Dave with suggestions or requests concerning these patches or this link, in order that he can keep his e-mail traffic at a manageable level.

Thanks for understanding, and enjoy the patches :)

Cliff

N.B.: If there are any issues with the link, please post in this thread and I will do what I can to resolve :)
Last edited by Teflon on Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Re: Dave Robinsons Free Zoom Patches

Postby Davegt » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Hi,
How do you transfer the Dave's patches from the PC to the Zoom g3n do you need to download Edit software for the Zoom like the old g3 ??
Davegt

Full Real Name: David G Turley

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 pm

You need to download the software from Zoom, it's the Zoom Tonelib
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Davegt » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi Dave many thanks for your reply is it Tonelib or tonelab I have to download from zoom, I have download Tonelab from Zoom but how do I add the your patches
to it I can't see any where to drag and drop them into it.

Dave.
Davegt

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Tonelib as I mentioned before.
When the software is on your computer, connect the Zoom G3Xn via a USB cable and click the Tonelib icon.
Your device should show and down the left hand side you will see the existing patches and empty spaces where you drag and drop my patches from your desktop. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby chaddman » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Davegt wrote:Hi,
How do you transfer the Dave's patches from the PC to the Zoom g3n do you need to download Edit software for the Zoom like the old g3 ??

Hi "Davegt",
You need to download Tonelib Zoom this is not from Zoom but an independent Patch Editor from https://tonelib.net/ click on the link and download Tonelib Zoom. Hope this helps.
Cheers Phil. :D
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby Davegt » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Many many thanks Dave for your patches they are first class and also Phil many thanks for your help on loading the patches onto the G3.
Davegt

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 am

Davegt wrote:Many many thanks Dave for your patches they are first class and also Phil many thanks for your help on loading the patches onto the G3.

I'm pleased you think so Dave, I used my Meazzi and TvS3 experience to make them and I'm using them on my G5n when I work live, as we have found that in the mix with the band, people can't separate the Zoom from those two expensive machines.
To me it's pointless having expensive kit set up on stage when nobody thinks it's any different.
The Zoom pedal also makes it easier to switch sounds and offers all my other tones for our show, including Duane Eddy, Chet Atkins, Jeff Beck, Rockabilly and Beatles sounds at the touch of a button.
The extremes between all of these sounds and those of The Shadows are massive and would take ages if I had to twiddle knobs in the middle of a show, which takes away from the flow and I think is unprofessional. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby chaddman » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Davegt wrote:Many many thanks Dave for your patches they are first class and also Phil many thanks for your help on loading the patches onto the G3.

No Problem, Happy to help. :D
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby jimimac » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:19 pm

First of all I like to thank Dave for supplying the patches for the zoom pedals and cliff for hosting on google drive,I have a G1Xon but cannot find the file for this pedal on google drive don’t know if the file is still available if not I will look to purchase the zoomg3x.
Thank you
jimimac

Full Real Name: James McPherson

Next

Return to Gear