zoom g3x pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

zoom g3x pedal

Postby chris mcbain » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello Shads Fans.
can anyone help me with what will be basic stuff for some of you, a couple of weeks ago Dave Robinson sent down some of his patches to me which I still have on my computer but don't know how to get them onto my pedal do I need the tonelib app or just the lead to connect from the computer to the pedal ?? another thing is I only
have Chrome book so this may not have the software.
Thanks Guys.
Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Re: zoom g3x pedal

Postby Teflon » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:43 pm

If your pedal is the G3xn, then you need Tonelib, if it's a G3x (no "n"), then you need Zooms "Edit & Share" software available here: https://zoomcorp.com/en/gb/multi-effects/guitar-effects/g3x/g3x-support/. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Chrome books, so I can't say if it will run the software, however I suspect you may find that you'll need access to a Windows pc.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby chaddman » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:46 pm

chris mcbain wrote:Hello Shads Fans.
can anyone help me with what will be basic stuff for some of you, a couple of weeks ago Dave Robinson sent down some of his patches to me which I still have on my computer but don't know how to get them onto my pedal do I need the tonelib app or just the lead to connect from the computer to the pedal ?? another thing is I only
have Chrome book so this may not have the software.
Thanks Guys.
Chris.

Hi Chris,
If you have the old G3X then you need to download zoom Edit & Share from here. https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/multi-effect ... 3-support/ If you have the new G3Xn then you need to download Tonelib Zoom from here. https://tonelib.net/ When you have downloaded the appropriate program for your pedal open it and connect the pedal to the computer and you should be able to load them. Hope this helps.
Cheers Phil. :D
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby chris mcbain » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Hello Guys many thanks Cliff and Phil for your prompt replies, I have managed to get onto the zoom site and it looks like my chrome book does not have the correct soft ware
to down load so I will get my son In-law to down load on his computer and then onto my pedal.

Many thanks.
Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby Teflon » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:41 pm

chris mcbain wrote:.......... I will get my son In-law to down load on his computer and then onto my pedal.

Many thanks.
Chris.

Probably the simplest route. The software is easy to use, and you'll be up and running in no time :) .

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Return to Gear