1963 'blonde' Strat

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

1963 'blonde' Strat

Postby GoldenStreet » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:27 pm

This is probably one of the highest asking prices for a 60s Strat I've seen, but doubt if anyone on the forum would be prepared to part with anything approaching such an eye-watering sum. Interesting, though, to read about...

https://reverb.com/item/43628812-fender ... nt=889x280

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Re: 1963 'blonde' Strat

Postby Teflon » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:30 pm

I saw a left handed '64 Strat for sale at a guitar fair before lockdown. They were asking £39995!

The story was that the original purchaser bought the guitar to learn on, and was finding it difficult. When the high E string broke, he gave up and put it in a cupboard where it remained from then on. The guitar was near mint, and had it's original case and all accessories, complete with a '64 Fender brochure and guitar lead. It was also still sporting the 5 remaining original strings, plus the broken one. A fascinating story and instrument, but silly money to my mind.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:18 pm

#think yourself lucky - it's a drop in the ocean compared to prices some 58-60 Les Pauls go for.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Tigerdaisy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:50 pm

What's the point of spending all that cash on a guitar you can buy for way, way less, especially if you are just interested in playing it...
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby Stuart » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Reverb .com is noted for regularly having all sorts of vintage gear offered for sale at eye watering prices.The seller can ask whatever price they like for any item you offer for sale but it is quite another thing to actually sell for that price when there are hundreds of other similar items offered elsewhere at realistic prices.I have seen sixties strats offered on Reverb.com for £30k plus.I wouldn't sell mine even for that price.I guess a lot of you would be just the same!
Stuart

Full Real Name: Stuart Watson

Return to Gear