RipX stem Plugin for Backing Tracks or Acappella

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: RipX stem Plugin for Backing Tracks or Acappella

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:43 am

I have recently bought the RIPX software in a sale offer (till 4th April)

I have tried it out on many vocal recordings, including double tracked, multi part harmonies, orchestrated, and single instrument accompanied vocals and RIPX does a really good job at isolating vocals and making karaokee backing from originals.

So if you have tunes you want to do instrumental for, it is a great tool for making a backing.

As far as instrumentals go , it does not separate the lead guitar like vocals and all guitars generally end up on one track with say rhythmn, keyboard, strings and maybe a few higher bass notes end up there. The bass and drums and percussion tend to get put into their own layers mostly.

So you have to edit the track to get the lead guitar separated from the rest. You do this by creating a new layer and select notes by clicking on them in the guitar layer and move them to the new layer by clicking the little arrow next to the new layers name. Eventually you will move the lead to its own layer and you can audition the tracks for traces of notes , then moving them over until you get an acceptable result.

I have got other software that can reduce vocals and lead instruments and these tend to reduce the levels rather than remove all trace. RIPX does seem to offer a better way of doing it and its reviews are generally putting it as highly rated for the job.

I did try several Shadows vocal tracks and RIPX dealt with those very well.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Previous

Return to Gear