In The Box Recording, What Are You Using?

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

In The Box Recording, What Are You Using?

Postby sausage fingers » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 am

Help i'm lost in a minefield of plugins and gizmos its mind blowing, what amp vst's and echo vst's are you using, i have some decent clean preamps before it goes into the computer but what can get me a decent in the box sound. I've tried many amp simulators but ive not really found one that will give a better sound than just a preamp into the soundcard then add effects off the daw.
Thanks...
sausage fingers

Full Real Name: rob kay

Re: In The Box Recording, What Are You Using?

Postby Teflon » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:18 pm

For Shadows sounds, I don't think you can beat the the system from Vintage Sounds: https://vintage-sounds.freeforums.net/. You'll have to register, but the download is free. Only works with Windows though as far as I know.

Cligg
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Re: In The Box Recording, What Are You Using?

Postby sausage fingers » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Teflon wrote:For Shadows sounds, I don't think you can beat the the system from Vintage Sounds: https://vintage-sounds.freeforums.net/. You'll have to register, but the download is free. Only works with Windows though as far as I know.

Cligg

I forgot all about that one, i'll give it a try.
Thanks
Rob
sausage fingers

Full Real Name: rob kay

Return to Gear