Kemper

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Kemper

Postby clivea » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:22 pm

I'd be interested to know if anyone is using a Kemper Profiling Amp and what their thoughts are regarding it.

Clive
clivea

Full Real Name: T Clive Aspinall

Re: Kemper

Postby Santoinetwo » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:16 pm

I have replied to your pm sir ! In short a great bit of kit, sounds great through PA or almost any guitar cab. Far better than lugging heavy amps around .
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Postby dave robinson » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:18 pm

The Kemper Profiler is a good piece of kit, I have tried one but opted not to buy as the Spark Amp gives me what I need and more for a tenth of the cost. Admittedly the Kemper is a better made device, but not for me at that price.
I bought the Line 6 Helix when that was supposed to be the dog doodahs, but it let me down on a big show. Computerised stuff is fine when it works, but they can and do crash. You pay your money, you make your choice AND with computerised kit - you take a chance. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby clivea » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Thanks guys
clivea

Postby dave robinson » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:14 am

You have aroused my interest again so I'm investigating the Kemper 'Stage' version.
I need to find out how reliable they are after the horrific experience using the Helix on the Sheffield City Hall when it decided to freeze. :shock:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Some may be interested to learn that I made an executive decision to invest in the Kemper Stage Profiler today, being as that's where 60% of my playing takes place and it's also he latest version of the beast, my thinking being that an gremlins should be long ironed out by now. Having had some useful information from it's inventor and builder, Christoph Kemper, I set about finding one to get to know the ins and outs. I intend to clone all my amps, the Vox AC30/4, Pinnacle KV30, Fender Twin and the Peavey Delta Blues 1 x 15.
I was impressed whilst watching the so called 'experts' on You Tube constantly failing to recognise the Kemper in numerous A/B tests against valve amps, so I thought I should have one to investigate being as all the top critics were failing miserably to tell the difference between them. I have to admit that I can't separate the Fender Twin Reverb from the new Tone Master version, they are that good. So I now look forward to some fun, playing with another new toy and hopefully reporting back with any useful snippets that may help interested parties on this site. If you're interested, watch this space. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby clivea » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:09 am

Looking forward to hearing your report on the Kemper Dave.
I’m also getting one to try out.
I hope it gives as good as the YouTubers state.
It seems the way to go.

Does anyone else use one?

Clive
clivea

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am

To be fair to Kemper, I didn't understand the device when I first got to know about it and I probably didn't give it the respect and due diligence that a device such as this deserves. I have in the last few days made time to study and ask questions about it and had the answers from the person who invented it and since I bought the HEADRUSH FRFR speakers, I now have the means to use the Kemper as it was intended. With the Kemper Stage Profiler and the Headrush 8" speaker, I hope to get the same result as using my Vox AC30/4, or any of my other great amplifiers which are impossibly heavy for an old person to carry around, but in a tiny package which is the final goal.
For serious gigs where perfection is required such as our Shadows shows I will use my TVS3 to provide the echo. The Headrush 8 is tiny, but delivers a massive sound which will fill any stage we play, so with the signal also routed via our PA system I know that people will hear the music as it was intended, but with as little lugging of gear possible. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Garystrat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm becoming more and more convinced that these types of modeller will become the norm, not only in the studio, but also for live performance!

One thing that wasn't clear to me, is the on board FX capable of producing the echoes or will you be using another pedal with it ?

Gary
Last edited by Garystrat on Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby Santoinetwo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Well I found the Kemper a bit of a steep learning curve, But the rewards are worth it. You also have the rig manager to edit. which I believe is also now available for iPhone for wireless editing. The definition control within the amp section is often first port of call if a profile is dull or tad bright.
Please a word of advice to anyone who buys one, keep it updated only with the official OS not the beta versions as that is where users have had issues. Back up to usb or pc of course ! I have a mini usb stick permanently in the back of my Kemper head. Makes life easier as in backing up or restore should i ever need to. The rig exchange has thousands of profiles, plus all rig packs. I have bought a few and some are ok others simply full on overdrive again backing the gain off will clean the sound. Have Fun
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Next

Return to Gear