Squier Hank Marvin (MIJ) for sale

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Squier Hank Marvin (MIJ) for sale

Postby JimN » Thu May 19, 2022 5:00 pm

I wonder...

A friend has indicated to me that he wants to sell his (late 1990s?) MIJ Squier Hank Marvin Strat (in Fiesta Red, etc) and is curious as to what the current going price might be for a good condition example with a few body dings?

He bought it new and has never been his main gigging guitar (more of a Les Paul man).

I have a number of photographs if anyone is interested, or for valuation purposes.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Squier Hank Marvin (MIJ) for sale

Postby anniv 63 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:22 pm

Just seen a couple of unmodified examples on E Bay priced at around£800/840
Personally a little pricey in todays money even in pristine condition which probably
these examples have had 30 odd years of fair wear and tear.
Will not be parting with mine for sentimental reasons

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby JimN » Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 pm

Thanks, Mike.

That's helpful.

JN
JimN

Postby Tigerdaisy » Fri May 20, 2022 8:51 am

I personally tend to sell my guitars which I wish to 'move on' at around half price or very slightly over to that at which I bought them. Some may say this way too cheap, but I find I always get a quick sale.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby JimN » Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 am

Tigerdaisy wrote:I personally tend to sell my guitars which I wish to 'move on' at around half price or very slightly over to that at which I bought them. Some may say this way too cheap, but I find I always get a quick sale.

Hmmm...

That would work for easily-available items in a buyer's market, but for older and discontinued items... but it would have me offering my 1965 Burns Marvin (bought fifty years and two months ago) for £55!

Or my hand-wired AC30TB for £90 and my first DeArmond 610 (which I still have) for £7.88.

;)

I think that once a model is discontinued - and depending on how big the demand for it remains - prices are set according to that demand (hence pre-CBS Strats at £35,000 and even tweed Fender Champs at £3,000).

Mind you, I am surprised at how the price of those Squier Marvins is holding up. I'm sure the wannabe seller will be pleased with it!
JimN

Return to Gear