Mega Para hand-built EQ

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Mega Para hand-built EQ

Postby roger bayliss » Thu May 26, 2022 4:29 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174667097660?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=PCcbBSazQ_O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mgCa0hTsSZa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I recently got one of these hand built Parametric EQ pedals to use instead of my 10 band graphic EQ. As bespoke pedals go, this is well priced.

It has 3 bands and the high and low bands can be used as band pass filters so you can roll off highs and lows. The middle band can be used to target mids eg 250hz .

I tried it out a few times with my Katana amp and got the Shadows sound using it and some compression.

The band pass filters are very similar in a sense to low and high pass filters, although they work a little differently. I noticed the band pass filters were included on the REDD desks at Abbey Rd by the way.

I compared my results to the recorded sounds on originals and managed to get in quite close and the knobs make adjustments fast and easy enough. I preferred thus to using the graphic EQ as it was just a case of cutting lows and highs and adding a small boost with the parametric around 250hz.

Can be used as a studio tool as well as pedal board. Not that easy to find as made by a small business in Glasgow who are called Sine Effect and are on Facebook too.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Return to Gear