Spark Mini amp

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Spark Mini amp

Postby dave robinson » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 pm

Some of you will remember how enthusiastic I was about the Spark 40 amplifier a few months ago and my report that it was a great tool for our music as a home practice amp. Well I picked up a new Spark Mini amp which is by comparison very tiny and it does the same job and just as well. The reason I mention it here is because nobody ever does a demo of any of these amps playing our music, it's usually grunge and distortion, but please be assured that a great Hank sound is obtainable relatively easily from these little amps with a bonus of built in echo machines. The Spark Mini is worth a look because of it's tiny footprint and will suit those with limited space.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: Spark Mini amp

Postby Teflon » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 pm

Not heard of the Spark Mini amp - is it new? Sounds intriguing.

Cliff

Edit: found it here: https://www.positivegrid.com/spark-mini
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby TimRyland » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:43 am

Dave, very interested in this as I’ve been looking for a replacement for my old VOX DA-5 which is getting a bit temperamental now. I’ve used Bias Amp and FX in the past and liked them, so this might just be the amp I’m looking for.

Did you get it here in the UK, or did you have to order it from the Positive Grid website.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:17 am

That looks very neat and an ideal piece of kit for home use.

Would it be loud enough for a club meeting, do you think?
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 pm

I don't think it's loud enough for a club meeting Iain, but it is excellent for home practice.
I saw it first on one of those You Tube reviews and because I was pressed I followed it up and found one for sale here in the UK.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby shadowriter » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 am

My son got one last week (preordered it in March) He brought it round and we had a good session.
Great Shadows sound and everything else as well. Brilliant piece of kit and I couldn't believe
what came out of an amp not much bigger than a cornflakes box. Makes you wonder how much
gear humping it would have saved if we had had it 60 years ago.
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 pm

There are a couple on eBay brand new at the right money, which is where I found mine.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby shadowriter » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:12 pm

has anyone tried the recording facility on the spark positive grid mini amp and is it easy
to use?

Norman
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:14 am

Not sure what you mean by recording facility unless you are referring to the USB connection to computer which I have used and works great. I use Logic Pro X on my Mac and it recognises the Spark and shows it' in the options on screen.
I find it easy to get a good Vox AC 15/30 sound for Shadows music, even with the built in multi head echo that is based on the Roland 301. It obviously sounds even better with the TVS3, Atlantis or Stymon Volante, but very satisfactory with it's 'in house' effects.
For me the Spark amp is a very convenient small and inexpensive option to use in the home and offers jamming facilities by providing a backing track to your own chords. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby leddo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:49 pm

GuitarGuitar have them in stock at £199. They also have a demo on their website.
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Next

Return to Gear