Recommended pickups

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Recommended pickups

Postby dave robinson » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm

Whilst I've been playing around with the Vox sound this week I've had a look at my latest PRS and the pickups I chose to fit, leading me to discover I didn't like what I'd done when changing the stock pickups which I couldn't get on with. I put the Bareknuckle 'Crawler' set on there as I had some Bareknuckle 'Mule' humbuckers on my first PRS with split coils and they sound great. Anyway upon comparing the two guitars during my experiments, I realised i didn't like the bridge pickup on the 'Crawler' set so a took a punt on some 'Irongear' Blues Engines which had terrific reviews and people were saying they were a match for the BK Mules, which are expensive.
They arrived and I fitted them today and they perform and sound every bit as good as the equivalent Bareknuckle pickups, at less than a third of the price ! The reason I mention this is because Irongear make excellent Strat pickups @ £25 each and the testimonials are all five star, so maybe worth checking out if you're considering changing Strat pickups. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to Gear