Ross Halls echo patches

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Ross Halls echo patches

Postby Garry » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:08 pm

Hi,
Just new to this forum, trying to find out if anyone has purchased Ross Halls patches. I have been trying since May this year up till September with no response, can anyone knowing the situation please reply.

Regards, Garry. Australia.
Garry

Full Real Name: Garry Murray

Re: Ross Halls echo patches

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 pm

Ross Hall told me some months ago he was busy full-time with other things and he would make an announcement about the future of his echo patches business in due course. I am not aware of that having subsequently happened, so I think it would fair to conclude that he’s not currently doing them.
If Ross is reading this and wishes to correct me - or if anyone else has newer info - please say so here!
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Jim. C » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:21 am

Garry wrote:Hi,
Just new to this forum, trying to find out if anyone has purchased Ross Halls patches. I have been trying since May this year up till September with no response, can anyone knowing the situation please reply.

Regards, Garry. Australia.

Hi Garry, I've also tried to purchase Ross's Patches with no luck, but I see now within the last three days his contacts and website domains are now finished, so I'm assuming that's it.
Jim. C

Full Real Name: Jim Chapman

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Indeed, from what Ross has told me, I think it is highly unlikely that he will go back into the echo patch business.

I would advise an alternative solution.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby stratman999 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:32 pm

If you have a zoom unit Dave Robinson posted excellent free patches on this site a while back
stratman999

Full Real Name: David Pickwell

Postby boritz » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:16 pm

Jim. C wrote:... Hi Garry, I've also tried to purchase Ross's Patches with no luck ...

G'day Jim,

Garry was referred on to Dave Robinson's Zoom patches in a parallel topic here http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18703&p=122952#p122553.

As David (stratman999 - yes another Dave :lol:) posted above perhaps they may be useful for you too.

Cheers, from this Dave :D.
Amateur (rank!) since 1963, MIM Strat (2007) Kinman FV-HMS pickups/K9, Easy-Mute, MagicstompEFTP > Korg AX5G > Audacity
boritz

Full Real Name: Dave Powell

Postby Teflon » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:21 pm

Apart from Daves patches (which are free! :) ) I think the Blue Nebula is now probably the only reasonably priced commercial solution that has all the patches built in and is still available new.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Garry » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:36 am

Hi Guy’s

Thank you for your help and information concerning the patches, I still have a Yamaha Magicstomp but was looking at a back up pedal. As the M.S. is getting older things tend to play up. Thanks once again for your answers and help.

Regards, Garry.
Garry

Full Real Name: Garry Murray

Postby Tigerdaisy » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:47 am

Garry wrote:Hi Guy’s

Thank you for your help and information concerning the patches, I still have a Yamaha Magicstomp but was looking at a back up pedal. As the M.S. is getting older things tend to play up. Thanks once again for your answers and help.

Regards, Garry.

There seems to be a lot of messing about setting up the Blue Nebula pedal...a bit confusing to say the very least also...
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby Teflon » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:29 pm

Tigerdaisy wrote:There seems to be a lot of messing about setting up the Blue Nebula pedal...a bit confusing to say the very least also...

I've not tried any of the more advanced features on the Blue Nebula, I just plug in and select the patch from the list of song titles - nice and easy. I'm aware that you can setup play lists, tweak the patches, and programme and save your own settings, but have so far not found the need to.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Next

Return to Gear