Epiphone Standard Les Paul 60s

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Epiphone Standard Les Paul 60s

Postby Tigerdaisy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:58 am

Just to let others know, I recently bought a Epi Stnd Les Paul 60s and it really is a great guitar at a great price and great to play. I've owned a three Gibsons in the past and this is as good or good enough for playing purposes in my view.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Re: Epiphone Standard Les Paul 60s

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:43 pm

I have several Epi LP Standards and absolutely love them. My Strats hardly get a look in these days.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Tigerdaisy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am

Uncle Fiesta wrote:I have several Epi LP Standards and absolutely love them. My Strats hardly get a look in these days.

Same here- I don't even own a Strat now apart from a G&L S500 which I am totally rewiring...
Tigerdaisy

Postby JJMMWG DuPree » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:57 pm

I recently managed to bag a 2015 Les Paul, the one with the slightly wider neck and the great man's genuine replica signature on it. Almost immediately I had the chance to bag an Epiphone Les '59 remake, I couldn't resist it so I broke the bank. For once the value followed the quality. I was all prepared to declare the superiority of the cheaper guitar but the Gibson is up there with... well, Godin and Gretsch. :mrgreen:
JJMMWG DuPree

Full Real Name: Deke Roberts

Postby JimN » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:01 pm

I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard from around 1988. I got it s/h and well-used in 2010. It plays beautifully and sounds wonderful for a mellow jazz sound. I expect it sounds OK for heavy metal too, but since I don't play that style, I can't comment.

By chance, there's also an Epiphone LP Std here as well.

It was OK for the money. Let's be clear, though: it is nowhere near the quality of the Gibson.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Tigerdaisy » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:22 am

JimN wrote:I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard from around 1988. I got it s/h and well-used in 2010. It plays beautifully and sounds wonderful for a mellow jazz sound. I expect it sounds OK for heavy metal too, but since I don't play that style, I can't comment.

By chance, there's also an Epiphone LP Std here as well.

It was OK for the money. Let's be clear, though: it is nowhere near the quality of the Gibson.

I had three Gibson Les Pauls, one was untuneable,(probably badly fretted, a 70s model or more likely a misplaced bridge) and one, a gold top, had a mediocre finish, all three from new. I have currently a Epiphone Standard 60s Les Paul which I can't really fault.
Tigerdaisy

Return to Gear