Burns Guitars

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Guitars

Postby BrianD » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:50 pm

Hi. Been a long time since I last posted on this forum. Sadly, due to age, finger stiffness and deafness I have pretty well given up playing guitar and sold off almost all my equipment 18 months ago. I recently came across a video of the launch of a new Burns guitar at NAMM 2017. Over the years I owned and played a number of Burns guitars - a Vibra Artist back in the '60s, a Baldwin Marvin and D6 in the '70s along with two different 3pu Black Bisons, a scroll neck white Bison in the '80s, three of Barry Gibson's Legend guitars in the '90s and several of the 2004 series Marvins in the 00s so you might say I do have a soft spot for the brand. However, I have really lost touch with the industry in the last few years and wondered what the state of play is with Burns in 2022. I think Barry retired and sold off the business a few years ago - please correct me if I am wrong. Just curious to know if they are still in business?

Than ks
Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Re: Burns Guitars

Postby chris mcbain » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:23 pm

Hi Brian,
I bought one of the last few Burns made in January this year a Marquee Chinese, there is supposed to be new models on the horizon as the old Burns Company
has been taken over , Lee Anderton of Andertones Music Store in Guildford is something to do with it but seem to think there is a few more people involved
but not heard anything as to release dates.

Chris.
Last edited by chris mcbain on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby BrianD » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:38 am

Thanks Chris. I did see that Anderson's are advertising new Burns guitars but that all are out of stock and there was very little information about them. Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Postby JJMMWG DuPree » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:03 am

Roughly a year ago Lee posted a video to say that he and his dad had bought into the Burns syndicate, but that he could say no more for about a year. They're still just selling off the last of the Churns, getting cheaper by second. Maybe someone in the neighbourhood could pop in and remind Lee that his year is up.
JJMMWG DuPree

Full Real Name: Deke Roberts

Return to Gear