Paul Rossiter Retiring - Last new TVS3

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Paul Rossiter Retiring - Last new TVS3

Postby Spike » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:57 am

Hi Everyone,

Paul has decided to retire from building TVS3’s and the last New TVS3 has just become available.

Contact spirohatzi@bigpond.com for an official quotation giving your address so that we can include the shipping costs.

Last chance to get a new TVS3!

Cheers
Spike
TVS Specialty Products
Last edited by Spike on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike

Full Real Name: Spiro Hatzimichael

Re: Paul Rossiter Retiring - Last new TVS3

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:00 pm

Can I just say that I'd like to wish Paul all the very best in his retirement and thank him for his contribution to our music by way of his excellent design and manufacture of the TVS3 that I know has brought immense pleasure to people who bought one.
But not only that, Paul and his colleagues offered some excellent debate and came forward with valuable facts due to his excellent research and his presentations on YouTube helped many aspiring guitarists to help reach their goal. On a personal level he has helped me tremendously over what was a difficult period and I will never forget that and I thank him sincerely . :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Garystrat » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:32 pm

Hi Spike,

Wishing Paul a happy retirement, the enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge provided by of the whole of the TVS team over the years has been inspirational!

Thank you one all for your great input, I for one very much hope your will continue to keep in touch with the community!

Best wishes

Gary
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby fenderplucker » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:10 am

Hi Dave, Gary,

Many thanks for those kind comments!

After 17 years of milling panels, stuffing circuit boards, wiring up and calibrating TVS3's and shipping them out I felt like it was time to call it a day. It has been a fabulous journey with all the Shadows community and hearing that it has given joy to others is a great reward. However, you are not free of us just yet! Spiro, Gary and I get together every fortnight to discuss all things Shadows and generally solve the problems of the world and you can rest assured that we will continue to stick in our two-bob's worth when the occasion arises.

I will of course continue to provide support for TVS owners into the foreseeable future.

Many thanks again and kindest regards,

Paul.
fenderplucker

Full Real Name: Paul Rossiter

Postby abstamaria » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:11 am

Dear Paul, Spike,

I did not know how to take the news, as you were always there, just an email away. But, of course, I understand your decision fully, Paul.

The creation of the TVS3 was a remarkable achievement -- the very best and most authentic echo ever, a godsend to us on the perpetual; quest. The device, your wonderful videos, your analysis of That Sound, and your very carefully considered and instructive posts in this forum are wonderful gifts to the Shadows community. Thank you.

Thank you, too, Spike. It has been some years since we corresponded.

I hope this finds you both well and that things are all right with you in Perth. I hope we will continue to have the benefit and pleasure of reading your messages here and seeing your posts in the Internet.

With good wishes,

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby fenderplucker » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind thoughts. Comments like that makes it all very worthwhile and are much appreciated.

Paul.
fenderplucker

Postby scouserjoe2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:36 am

Hi Spike, Paul and Gary,

Paul, I think you've probably made the right decision in retiring from constructing the TVS3 units as I am sure that doing so is very delicate and intensive work requiring a lot of concentration that becomes ever harder as the years roll on. There comes a moment in all of our lives when we feel we have had 'enough' and it is time to call it a day.

I can only reiterate was someone else has already said that the creation of the TVS3 was a remarkable achievement and there was never any doubt in my mind that it produces the very best and most authentic replication of those early tape echo units.

I have been a TVS3 user for many years now and I am tremendously grateful for all your help and advice which you have always very kindly offered, and made freely available. You have always been there on the other end of an email to answer queries, and your wealth of knowledge and experience has been invaluable.

I am pleased to hear that, although you will no longer be building TVS3's, you will continue to contribute to this community. Long may it last !!

With kindest regards and best wishes to all in Perth.

Ian
scouserjoe2

Full Real Name: Ian Evans

Postby fenderplucker » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:05 pm

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for those kind comments, I have very much enjoyed out interactions over the years and hope that they might continue well into the future.

Paul.
fenderplucker

Return to Gear