Boss Katana heads

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Boss Katana heads

Postby leddo » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:37 pm

Thinking about getting one of these but not really sure what the differences are between the Katana Air and the Katana Head. Apart from one being wireless, of course.
Also, I can get a used mark 1 Katana 100 head for under £200. How much of a difference is there between the mark 1 and mark 2 to justify paying almost £400 for the new one. Any thoughts from Katana head users.
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Re: Boss Katana heads

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:15 am

I have had Mk1 & Mk2 and recommend Mk2 all day long because of the extra features. For instance, if you get into the computer editing, you can programme accurate Shadows multi head echoes but on the Mk1 there isn't that facility. I used to use the Mk 2 on stage until I bought a Fender ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb and the TVS3.
I had it programmed with all the correct patches for all the Shadows tunes as well as Ga Moore, Duane Eddy Brian Ma etc etc, it's a great amp. I previously had the Mk 1 and it didn't do nearly as much. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby David Martin » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:39 am

Any chance you could share the Live set for ths MkII? It's a big ask, but knowing your insistence on getting things right, it would enable me to enjoy playing rather than sweating over a hot computer.

(BTW Pleased you got your hearing problem sorted out...)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:58 pm

leddo wrote:Thinking about getting one of these but not really sure what the differences are between the Katana Air and the Katana Head. Apart from one being wireless, of course.
Also, I can get a used mark 1 Katana 100 head for under £200. How much of a difference is there between the mark 1 and mark 2 to justify paying almost £400 for the new one. Any thoughts from Katana head users.

I have the mk11 head and I use it at home alot as it is ideal. I just use mine with a guitar lead and guitar , everything else is on Katana for sounds. I found I only ever use the clean channel sound as per the mk1 , but the mk11 is a better option overall in my view.

Here's demo of mine in action

Mustang
https://youtu.be/ckEVhvAXww4

Tonight
https://youtu.be/JvuKojlwc40
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby leddo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:02 pm

Thanks for the info, guys.
Funnily enough the person who has offered me a mark 1 is replacing it with a mark 2!
leddo

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:04 am

David Martin wrote:Any chance you could share the Live set for ths MkII? It's a big ask, but knowing your insistence on getting things right, it would enable me to enjoy playing rather than sweating over a hot computer.

(BTW Pleased you got your hearing problem sorted out...)

I no longer have them David as I moved on to my Fender Tone Master before lock down and sold the Katana. I removed associated software and files from my computer as I didn't expect to need them again.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby David Martin » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:20 am

Thanks anyway, Dave...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby leddo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:37 pm

What power supply does the Katana mark 2 100 head use? Does it come with one, if so what type?
leddo

Postby roger bayliss » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:26 pm

leddo wrote:What power supply does the Katana mark 2 100 head use? Does it come with one, if so what type?

Does not need a power supply, just a power lead to mains sockets.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Return to Gear