Zoom G1XON PATCHES

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G1XON PATCHES

Postby augustp » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:11 pm

Does anyone have Dave’s (Shadows) patches for the Zoom G1XON that they are prepared to kindly share with me?
augustp

Full Real Name: August Peterson

Re: Zoom G1XON PATCHES

Postby dave robinson » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:44 pm

I found a link that was posted recently, thanks to Cliff Bradley.
The files for the Zoom G3 and others are here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby augustp » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:43 pm

Thank you for that, and for your generosity in helping keep The Shadows music alive. I played rhythm guitar in a garage band in the 1960's (I am now 75). I have downloaded those patches and saved them to my Zoom G3X, they are absolutely outstanding patches that have renewed my desire to play like Hank, but there is not one for the G1XON. I have recently purchased the G1XON to practice with backing tracks and headphones in my bedroom. (The G3 does not have an auxillary input which means another interface is needed). I have loaded the G3 values into the G1XON which are doing me well but I don't have your experience to get them exact because the G1XON only accepts 5 effects (not 6 like the G3), and has no Mod Delay patch. it's just all about the fun in just trying to get to sound like the original without busting the household budget. Thank you for your commitment and ongoing efforts.
augustp

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:31 am

There are half a dozen patches that I made for the Zoom G1Xon, I'm still having computer issues but I will get to them I promise. :)

That said, if you can see the parameters I've used on the G3, they work exactly the same if you can transfer the same numbers on the G1Xon.
You don't necessarily need all the same slots.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:47 am

augustp wrote:Thank you for that, and for your generosity in helping keep The Shadows music alive. I played rhythm guitar in a garage band in the 1960's (I am now 75). I have downloaded those patches and saved them to my Zoom G3X, they are absolutely outstanding patches that have renewed my desire to play like Hank, but there is not one for the G1XON. I have recently purchased the G1XON to practice with backing tracks and headphones in my bedroom. (The G3 does not have an auxillary input which means another interface is needed). I have loaded the G3 values into the G1XON which are doing me well but I don't have your experience to get them exact because the G1XON only accepts 5 effects (not 6 like the G3), and has no Mod Delay patch. it's just all about the fun in just trying to get to sound like the original without busting the household budget. Thank you for your commitment and ongoing efforts.

I sent you an email just now with those G1Xon files. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby augustp » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:37 pm

Thank you for your help and kindness. I am away from my equipment for 2 weeks now to get radiation for spine cancer so I can only load up the pedal after that. I am an electronics hobbyist and have built a few things that I will share to possibly help others in the community during next month and support the Shadows community. you restore my faith in the human race!
augustp

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:11 pm

No worries August, as one who has gone through cancer from 2013 and hopefully come out of it in one piece, I fully relate to your situation. It was music that kept me going. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby augustp » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:50 pm

You are so, so correct. It’s the uplifting universal language of hope. My brother, who plays at The Shadows club in Johannesburg was in intensive care for Covid and they allowed his daughter in to play my recording to him. It was the first time that he reacted with expression - a large long smile and tears in his eyes. The family said that it was his connection to music that spoke to him that day - he pulled through and I sent him a G3X so that he can now play like you and Hank. Here is my attempt at playing to the B/T from Leo’s Den if you would like to hear it.
https://mega.nz/file/R8kTQaAD#oqbt5-2vR ... HdL3dZo3J4
augustp

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi August, I just had a listen to your track in that link and although it appears that you played it well, the track is suffering from speeding up and slowing down which puts the whole performance out of tune at random intervals. I'm not sure what's going on there but I don't think you would have posted it that way. It's like it's on a dodgy record player.
Other than that it's potentially a good sounding track and a good performance. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby augustp » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 pm

Thanks Dave, Sorry for that, it is as recorded and when I listen to it on Mega - but I am a registered user so it may not be representative. I’m no expert but Mega is free (and you get what you pay for?) Family have listened to it on cellphones, ipads and laptops without reporting problems. With the exception that some said that they needed to have an account but that is not true. Anyone should be able to click the link and apparently have the option to download the file to avoid getting buffering problems. I also understand that the “free” version of Mega downloads are slower than the paid version. I will send the link to someone to test for me and let you know
augustp

Next

Return to Gear