Free to a good home (please read)

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Free to a good home (please read)

Postby JimN » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:42 am

A few weeks ago, when I was round at the Friesens' old home in Ashford, Middlesex, I saw a ridiculously large amount of Shadows, Cliff Richard and other memorabilia and reported on that here.

As I was leaving, Jay (the owner of the property) practically thrust a couple of items upon me and I still have them. One is a stereo 4-track R-R recorder (which I hope to get working in order to decipher a reel of tape I have in my possession). But the other one is what I suppose would be best described as a wall-hanging.

It is an exactly life-size cardboard cutout (about 4mm thick and quite sturdy) of an orange Gretsch 6120 (early model with fixed Bigsby arm and Dynasonic pickups - there are people here who will know what that means).

The weird thing is that the reverse side is left-handed version of the front. It created a laugh at tonight's local jam, but I'm a bit concerned... I have no real use for it. I only took it at Jay's insistence but do not want to see it go to waste.

I will therefore hand it over (free of any charge of course) to anyone who wants to collect it and will treasure it, as long as they tell me why they want it.

There is no chance whatsoever of my posting it! I cannot imagine what the requisite packaging would consist of.

Want a photo or two?
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Free to a good home (please read)

Postby JimN » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:45 pm

JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to Gear