Justin Daish's Guitar Wireless System

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Justin Daish's Guitar Wireless System

Postby nivramarvin » Wed May 24, 2023 3:35 pm

I‘m using a Line6 G30 where I can choose one of 6 channels and one of three virtual cable lengths (I always choose 0 m). I never had a problem with signal quality. I always use a pair of Mignon akkus that will easily work one gig and two rehearsals. 3 LEDs indicate the charging status. As soon as only 2 lights are on, I still have electricity for about half an hour.

What really matters to me: No battery lasts forever. With a permanently installed battery, I would have to dispose of the device when the battery died.
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Postby Iain Purdon » Thu May 25, 2023 10:51 am

I take your point that when a fixed rechargeable battery packs up, the device is useless. I’ve never had it happen to me but it could. I’d only say that some of these devices are pretty cheap so failure would not mean great financial loss. But, yes, for better reliability, replaceable batteries are safer. Nothing, of course, beats a cable.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby MeBHank » Thu May 25, 2023 1:55 pm

Iain Purdon wrote:I’d only say that some of these devices are pretty cheap so failure would not mean great financial loss.

That's my thinking, Iain. They're cheaper than the old Samson Airline and AKG Bug systems which were so wildly inferior (stunning to think that it's nearly 20 years since we saw The Shads using the Samsons!). By the time an internal battery dies you've surely already saved yourself money on buying batteries (and rechargables essentially face the same issue as internal ones do). The convenience and the hassle-free set-up make them a immediate inclusion for me.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby shadphil » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Hi All ive just picked up 2 muslady wireless systems for £45 ( for the 2 of them ) ones for my classic vibe the other for my niece who's started playing the guitar at school ive been using the line 6 g30 on my custom shop strat but these muslady,s seem really good for the money Phil
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:29 pm

shadphil wrote:Hi All ive just picked up 2 muslady wireless systems for £45 ( for the 2 of them ) ones for my classic vibe the other for my niece who's started playing the guitar at school ive been using the line 6 g30 on my custom shop strat but these muslady,s seem really good for the money Phil

I use the Muslady every week and it's really good, no different in sound to my Line 6 and only slightly different to a lead (a little compressed in a nice way) The other one that I bought is identical but is black rather than silver and is badged 'Lekato', but sounds the same and my guess is the same piece of kit. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to Gear