Justin Daish's Guitar Wireless System

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Justin Daish's Guitar Wireless System

Postby Sothall Mike » Sun May 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Hi everyone, just trying to find out if anyone knows what wireless system Justin is using at the moment ?
I've been using the Line 6 system for a few years now but of late it has become a bit unreliable, and having seen Justin on his Shadowing Hank Show lately and being very impressed with his sound and ease of use - but didn't think to ask him what he was using now. The only feature I can tell you about it is that it has a red LED light on the front of the plug in piece of the system. I've messaged Justin but as yet had no reply. Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Mike Kilner.
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Re: Justin Daishe's Guitar Wireless System

Postby barryg » Sun May 21, 2023 9:29 pm

I don't know which unit Justin uses but the Boss WL20 is a simple 2 unit system and very reliable.

Main Features
Plug-and-play wireless systems for guitar and bass
No complicated setup required-simply dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to set the optimum wireless connection
Newly developed BOSS technology delivers premium audio performance with rock-solid stability, ultra-low latency (2.3 ms), and 50-foot/15-meter range (line-of-sight propagation)
Built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 12 hours of continuous playing time
Simple charging with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or greater)
Cable tone simulation reproduces the natural capacitive effect of a 10-foot/3-meter guitar cable
Spare WL-T Transmitter available separately

Plug In and Rock
A WL-20 system is literally as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. The small transmitter plugs into your instrument, while a matching receiver plugs into a pedal or amp. That's it!

This unit has a cut out switch on the guitar transmitter that cuts the sound when it's unplugged so you don't have to turn the amp down first. A very handy feature. UK price £165.00

https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/boss-wl ... ystem.html

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Garystrat » Sun May 21, 2023 10:32 pm

I’m not sure which one he uses, but if you look at the Shadowing Hank video it goes via a lead to a pack mounted on his guitar strap at the back, these often have some form of channel selector where others may also be using wireless connections.

I use the Boss WL-50 system which is similar to the one Barry mentions. I’ve had it a number of years now and it’s always performed extremely well, you just need to keep an eye on the guitar units battery level indicator as it can sound distorted if the charge drops into the amber.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... tar-system
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby shadphil » Sun May 21, 2023 11:38 pm

ive used the line 6 G30 with no problems phil
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Postby TimRyland » Mon May 22, 2023 8:45 am

Looking at the videos Phil McGarrick took last year at Scarborough, to me, it looks like it may be the Xvive system or similar.

Tim
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby MeBHank » Tue May 23, 2023 6:16 pm

Hi Mike, hi all,

I currently use the Xvive U2 system as my main choice. This type of guitar radio is cheap and because it's digital it's flawless (unless there's a frequency clash with other tech in the area - extremely rare but possible). The simplest wireless you'll ever use. The transmitter and receiver look identical and are both battery powered, chargeable with the provided dual USB cable. It removes all stress and worry about batteries and any dodgy connections within strap/belt mounted transmitters, and saves you from needing power or even a guitar cable for your receiver.

For a show such as Shadowing Hank, which I've realised is probably is the most complex and sophisticated backing track show on this scale in the world, this new technology is a pocket-sized godsend.

HTH...
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby dave robinson » Tue May 23, 2023 7:10 pm

The X vive U2 is one of several that are available out there and they work great. One of our band members, Adrian Fountain first brought it to my notice before the lockdown and he was using his when he was in the Foremost and I bought one on eBay by a firm called Muslady for around £25. I recently picked up another as a backup, but this is by Lekato and cost £18 but is just as good and has been great for me. I did buy one of the really cheap ones that doesn't have a hinge, around £12 three years ago, but the signal does drop out now and again, unlike my two 'hinged' ones.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby nivramarvin » Wed May 24, 2023 8:51 am

Ever since I had to throw away my electric toothbrush and hair clipper, I've avoided devices with built-in rechargeable batteries.
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Postby Garystrat » Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 am

Hi Wolfgang,

The notion of that might sound fine, but I don’t think you will get much of a signal back from the guitar transmitter without some sort of batteries.

However, there does seem to be some new theories about the charging of these, I always thought that it was good to fully charge and discharge the battery, but current thinking seems to be charge to 80% and maintain above 20% (at least in the case of laptops)?

For home user it’s not critical, but I guess when you guys are gigging with them you just recharge before every performance?

Regards

Gary
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 am

I use them. I recharge overnight before the gig. Then if there’s an interval I do a top-up charge just to make sure. I’ve never been let down and they are a delight to use.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Next

Return to Gear