positive grid latest version

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

positive grid latest version

Postby shadowriter » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:07 am

Hi Has anyone tried the positive grid smallest version. Any advice on how difficult it is to use would be welcome.
I am not good at technology and wondered if the app would be too complicated for me. Any thoughts or experiences
would be very welcome.
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Re: positive grid latest version

Postby TimRyland » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:56 am

Do you mean the Spark Amp Mini? If your looking at that, take a look at the new NuX Mighty Lite BT Mk II. I currently use their Mighty Plug Pro and have been really impressed with it and am currently torn between the Mighty Lite II and the more expensive Mighty Space.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby shadowriter » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:52 pm

Hi Tim
Thanks for that and I will certainly look at it.
I did mean the spark amp. Apparently you can virtually fit it in your pocket.
It seems fantastic but as I said it is the app part that bothers me.
Thanks again.
Norman
shadowriter

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 am

I've had both Positive Grid Spark offerings and preferred the normal one out of the two. The software & APP were easy enough to use but I ended up getting rid of the Spark Mini as it was no where near loud enough for my liking. I also gave up my Spark 40 to my son who gets more use out of it than I did, though it is a good piece of kit for our purposes.
To replace to Spark, I bought the NUX Mp3 Mighty Plug Pro for silent practice and it does the job great.
Anything else, I use my Zoom G5n direct through the PA or through an amp, I've set up patches for both and got them closer to perfection over time and by experimenting. I can plug the headphones into the Zoom too, so it's win, win. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby shadowriter » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 am

Thanks Dave, Really helpful as always.

Norman
shadowriter

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:37 am

My work on the patches for the Zoom G5n are a work in progress because I'm using that machine primarily for our gigs on a weekly basis.
I've been experimenting with different hearing aids trying to get as 'natural' sound as I can, so the patches can sound slightly different in tone, depending on when I made them.
I do however enjoy people coming and telling me when improvements have been noticeable and lately it's got even better, so I'll go through them all and sort out the 'keepers' and put them together. I made these patches with the intention that the user would do the same and edit to taste, as they were never perfect and time and experimentation has shown me some vast improvements lately.
The main area of adjustment has not been the echo patches as such, but the echo levels and EQ affecting the overall mix.
We are all guilty of 'over doing' the echo when you compare to the track you may be trying to copy. It's a big learning curve and I'm recognising that in several cases it's the added studio reverb that makes the difference, especially the tone of it. :idea: :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to Gear