Zoom G1XN ext Multi-Effects Pedal Patches?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G1XN ext Multi-Effects Pedal Patches?

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:21 pm

I am just waiting for the above (used) pedal to be delivered and wondered if there are "Shadows" style patches that can be used with one of these? I am a total Noob to these things, so all advice would be appreciated. I managed to lose many of my Nux Mighty plug presets and I am not going to join Facebook to get more on there. (Explanation) My experience of Facebook (on car forums) was to receive lots of abuse for trying to be helpful! With over 40 years of car and truck spannering, I had far more knowledge than many of the twenty something numpties offering "dangerous" solutions! :roll:
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Re: Zoom G1XN ext Multi-Effects Pedal Patches?

Postby Teflon » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:39 pm

There are some free patches here: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036. Not sure if they will work with your particular Zoom model though, is it the same (or similar) to the Zoom G1 Four?

I would add, you shouldn't be put off Facebook by your experiences on car groups - there are some terrific Shadows related Facebook groups, all (in my experience so far) very supportive, with some great resources available. Might be worth a look :) .

Hope this helps,

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:13 am

Thank you to yourself and Dave for the information. Much appreciated. Mike
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadrack » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Hi Shadow people just had a reply from a Q. to Dave:
I’ve spoke to Dave about a post he put on in 2021 regarding patches for the Zoom G1xfour and he’s told me to ask if anybody still has the said patches and could they kindly forward them to me at:
thomasknight1951@msn.com
Thanks in advance Tom (Shadrack)
Shadrack

Full Real Name: Tom Knight

Postby Teflon » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:21 am

Shadrack wrote:Hi Shadow people just had a reply from a Q. to Dave:
I’ve spoke to Dave about a post he put on in 2021 regarding patches for the Zoom G1xfour and he’s told me to ask if anybody still has the said patches and could they kindly forward them to me at:
thomasknight1951@msn.com
Thanks in advance Tom (Shadrack)

If you follow the link in the 2nd post above, you should find what you're looking for :)

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby abstamaria » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:42 am

Welcome, Mike. An option for you might be to check if there are any second-hand Zoom or other pedals that already have Charlie Hall’s EFTP parches. There are probably members on this site who have an extra unit they no longer need.

Like you, I am a car guy and have worked on cars for a few decades, not as a professional but as a hobby. I did do three ground-up restorations on my own. My favorite marque is from where you are, Norfolk.

Facebook is still very useful for me, particularly the sites focused on a particular subject, such as the brand of car. The Shadows pages are helpful, but generally focused on facts about the Shadows or enthusiasts' covers of Shadows pieces. The most instructive site for me remains this one, Shadowmusic.

Good luck.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:10 pm

I found some patches on another site for the Zoom G1:-
https://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=G1
There are some "Shadows" ones but not sure if they are OK or not as I haven't tried them yet and my ears aren't as good as they were!!! The G1XNext does not have a USB connection, so all patch settings are adjusted and installed manually. Not a big deal, as I have lots of time these days!
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:51 pm

Hopefully, this page contains some of the patches that I like! There seems to be quite a selection for manual programming! A great job for a wet afternoon!!!

https://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?u ... rt=&page=1
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:50 pm

I've upgraded to a G3XN now so it's on Ebay! :)
Shadbarmy1

Return to Gear