Best Zoom pedal

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Best Zoom pedal

Postby leddo » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:06 pm

Over the years I've bought far too many Zoom pedals, from the 4040 (because I couldn't afford the Boss multi effects back then) to the G6 and just about everything inbetween. I even managed to get a Zoom G7 (again) recently and was surprised at how good it sounds today.
So I was wondering, what Zoom pedal do members on here rate as their favourite? Do you prefer the G2 to the G2u? And what about the G3 or the G3n? And I forgot to mention the legendary Zoom 508, which was probably the one most people on here first owned from the Japanese company.
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Re: Best Zoom pedal

Postby JimN » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:21 pm

My first (and only) Zoom was the 505 multi-FX (including some delay settings).

It suited me perfectly and was used all the way through a Secrets CD, sounding fine to me. I still have it.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby chaddman » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:47 pm

I have several ZOOM pedals and they all have their plus points. The G3X is great but does not have an AUX in socket while the G1FOUR and G1Xon do. The G1Xon was the bargain of the year at £45.00 new delivered. If I had to keep just one it would be the G1Xon which has multitap on the tape echo while the G1 FOUR does not. I like the AUX in for my phone or tablet backing tracks.
Cheers Phil.
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby artyman » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:59 pm

I have a G2 which I bought secondhand some years ago now when I first got back into playing guitar, Charlies EFTP programmed in by hand. Not used much these days as I have A Blue Nebula, but the Zoom can work on batteries and is useful from that point of view
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:05 pm

I've recently got a GX3N and I am a gadget numpty, so currently learning "How To"! The 52 page manual is a bit daunting but there are some good vids on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uveGouPZ1lA
The manual is here:-
https://zoomcorp.com/media/documents/E_G3n_G3Xn.pdf
I managed to do a couple of patches and save them but at my age, you have to keep repeating things to get them to stay in your head! :)
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby leddo » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:39 pm

There is a program called Tonelib-zoom which is a free download. It allows you to edit a number of Zoom pedals and can turn you into a patch making genius. Possibly.
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:58 am

I have been using the Zoom one but I'll have a peep at that one too. The more, the merrier! :)
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Return to Gear