Strat Trem/Vibrato ?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Strat Trem/Vibrato ?

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:43 pm

Wowser! That's a mod job and a half! It'll certainly be lighter to carry!
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:10 pm

Well I didn't do all the cutting-out bits; I left that to someone with a bandsaw! The remainder of the work included moving the strap buttons and jack socket as he'd cut those off, and moving two of the tuners, as the headstock had been shortened also.

As a finishing touch, I sprayed it black (it had been blue originally), and fitted a clear scratchplate - so that I can have any colour scheme I like depending on what I put behind it.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby dave robinson » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:33 am

I bought this one for £21 on eBay recently. I fitted some spare Kinman Pickups and a Wilkinson bridge I had laying around.
Attachments
travelcaster.jpeg
IMG_7556.jpeg
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 am

I am loving these! I did a Design and Tech degree, so guitar building (wood, metals, plastics and electronics) is perfect for keeping my interest and skills going. I usually hate the wintertime (it's like being in prison! - not that I would know about that apart from watching Porridge!) but so far, my winter is being productive. My luthering tools are increasing, along with my knowledge. A project a day keeps dementia at bay! My hands and wrists have been aching due to the playing practise and the techy side but I am getting better and my hands are working better too! Thank you all for the advice and information.
PS:- Dave, I've been playing some of your patches through the renovated strat! Thank you. ;)
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby dave robinson » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Thanks Mike, it pleases my that I can help people enjoy our craft by making those patches.
These days we're not playing as much as we did as the need is no longer there, but we do quite a few fund raisers for cancer related organisations such as Weston Park Hospital in Sheffield and Bluebell Wood Childrens' Hospice and I enjoy being in a position to help make a difference. People that come to our gigs love our music, particularly that of Cliff & The Shadows and whilst they are buying tickets, we'll keep it up as best we can. I does get more challenging with illnesses and age etc, but whilst it still sounds good we'll do it.
The other side of music for me is the pleasure I get from still learning and playing and understanding new kit that is continually being released, there's never been a better time to learn guitar with the stuff that's out there. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to Gear