TC Electronic Flashback Triple delay

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: TC Electronic Flashback Triple delay

Postby dave robinson » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:08 pm

Didier wrote:
dave robinson wrote:I agree that the Meazzi had to be adjusted on stage during performances.

The first time I saw The Shadows at the Paris Olympia, this must have been in late 1960 or early 1961, Hank never touched his amp or echo box during the whole concert. He used only one setting ! and the sound was fabulous !

Didier

Well when I saw them in 1962 at Sheffield City Hall, he had what looked like a Binson and he did adjust it a few times.
Because you didn't see him touch it doesn't necessarily mean that he couldn't have. You'd hardly have been watching for it - would you ? :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 pm

American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby abstamaria » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:21 am

dave robinson wrote:
Didier wrote:
dave robinson wrote:I agree that the Meazzi had to be adjusted on stage during performances.

The first time I saw The Shadows at the Paris Olympia, this must have been in late 1960 or early 1961, Hank never touched his amp or echo box during the whole concert. He used only one setting ! and the sound was fabulous !

Didier

Well when I saw them in 1962 at Sheffield City Hall, he had what looked like a Binson and he did adjust it a few times.
Because you didn't see him touch it doesn't necessarily mean that he couldn't have. You'd hardly have been watching for it - would you ? :lol:

Funny, actually. If Didier did not see Hank touch his amp or echo box, then that necessarily means Hank didn’t. Didier’s testimony will probably hold up in court, the argument of opposing counsel notwithstanding!

You were so lucky to have seen the Shadows in their very early years, Didier.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby Didier » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am

abstamaria wrote:
dave robinson wrote:
Didier wrote:The first time I saw The Shadows at the Paris Olympia, this must have been in late 1960 or early 1961, Hank never touched his amp or echo box during the whole concert. He used only one setting ! and the sound was fabulous !

Didier

Funny, actually. If Didier did not see Hank touch his amp or echo box, then that necessarily means Hank didn’t. Didier’s testimony will probably hold up in court, the argument of opposing counsel notwithstanding!

You were so lucky to have seen the Shadows in their very early years, Didier.

It was at the Paris Olympia in 1960 or 1961, The Shadows were extremly popular in France, Apache sold one million copies, and they have been the only guitar instrumental band to play several times at the top of the bill there. The Spotnicks only came once.
If Hank had touched his Meazzi or Vox amp (AC30) I would have noticed. It's obviously later that he started to make some setting changes during concerts.
I saw the Shadows again in 1964 at the Paris Olympia, but this time with Burns guitars and a very different sound with hardly any noticeable echo. I am not even sure that Hank used an echo box. I didn't enjoyed it as much as the first time because of that...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Previous

Return to Gear