TC Electronic Flashback Triple delay

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: TC Electronic Flashback Triple delay

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm

leddo wrote:Will there be any Youtube videos of you playing this pedal in the near future?

Have just uploaded 5 uTube demos in the sound files section to demonstrate this delay pedal. :D
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby leddo » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:54 pm

Still working my way through the vids, but so far I think the sound is spot on. Are all the echoes from the TC? So how come this unit was overlooked for so long?
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 am

leddo wrote:Still working my way through the vids, but so far I think the sound is spot on. Are all the echoes from the TC? So how come this unit was overlooked for so long?

The only echo is the Triple Delay and no reverb. I dunno why, but to be honest, I looked at their other Delay called the Flasback 2 Delay which is similar, but can only do one delay or two with a dual delay. To my knowledge, no one has tried this unit before as far as I can recall. The delays sound right to my ear.
roger bayliss

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:01 pm

Here's a few demos of the newly acquired Flashback Triple Delay.

I am playing my Strat into the Delay into a Katana 100 head Mk2 . Some EQ and compression added, no reverb.

Cosy...
https://youtu.be/7vEliDXd-vM?si=5YcPe-LJVUmax1jn

Peace Pipe...
https://youtu.be/4JP-C_7lxz0?si=77QKm1O4Rj29MmtR

Sleepwalk...
https://youtu.be/NrTOWRZ81-A?si=h2HAOG5C8W09yWXpl]

Stars Fell on Stockton...
https://youtu.be/gUElXajAcnk?si=9d2SyEYEYX_jl-cV

The Savage...
https://youtu.be/Yp9ZysxIWM4?si=Gsu2ChjM4VAnwrKW
roger bayliss

Postby shadphil » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:35 pm

Hi Roger, that sounds good to me. i bought one this week but ive not received it yet. i did have the smaller flashback 2 a couple of years ago. phil
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:42 pm

shadphil wrote:Hi Roger, that sounds good to me. i bought one this week but ive not received it yet. i did have the smaller flashback 2 a couple of years ago. phil

Great, you will need time to familiarise yourself with it , but it can be a simple knob Turner experience and using your ear too.

Will you be using Apple or Android app ?

Let me know how it goes l :D
roger bayliss

Postby shadphil » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:24 pm

Roger, i will be using Apple i'll let you know how it goes. Im not the best by any means at setting things up, i know what i want to hear but dont always know how to achieve it. phil
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Postby dakes2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:00 pm

I just bought the Flashback Triple delay, and just trying to figure it all out, I was surprised to find that there are no toneprints listed for Shadows sounds, and the toneprint software seems limited in its editing , i suppose i will eventually get there, the Flashback is very good in my opinion.
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:26 pm

I have one of these coming tomorrow from gear4Music and look forward to putting it through it's paces. It keeps me out of trouble .
Looking at You Tube videos so far, I haven't heard anything to show me it beats the Strymon Volante. There appears to be a maximum of three heads, unless more are revealed when I get my hands on it, but I've compared the Volante's timings and spacings with the my real Meazzi and the TVS3 and the Volante equals them handsomely. Also, I am happy with the levels on the Volante being proportional to what is required to make those Echomatic 2 'Wonderful Land' echo patterns, so I await this TC jobbie with interest.
If I don't like it I'll send it packing as I did the Roland D-101 and Space Echo RE-202, that's the beauty of being able to audition gear. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm

The echos are very good IMO , but Toneprint App Android is poorly implemented for user templates, don't know if Apple app any better. Windows 10 software works fine though.

To get 4 echos see my earlier posts here, use sub division knob (dual delay) on one echo ie set 202ms and use quarter note + eighth note division on echo 1 , 280ms on 2 and 360 on 3.

Disable the time knob to stop it changing the times as you want fixed times !

When you load a toneprint in tit automatically defaults to the knob settings , so adjust mix and feedback then save . Sub division is saved with echo so set that first then save for echo 1 . Set to quarter note for echos 2 and 3 . That gives EM2 echos.

If you want to vary the results and resave, you can , till you get what you want. Heads 1 and 2 set lower mix than 3 .

Load the 3 Toneprints into the three delays and adjust mix and repeats and save.

Fiddly, but one you get there it's fine, just vary echo 3 mix and repeats for tunes and it is good for live playing.

Perseverance will get great results !
roger bayliss

PreviousNext

Return to Gear