Nux Mighty Plug Pro

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Nux Mighty Plug Pro

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:16 pm

Sold my Nux mighty plug and ordered a Mighty Plug Pro. I hope to be trying to make some Shadows sounds but time will tell. It's supposed to have some extra features, so will have to see if it was worth the extra dosh! I had a good month on ebay selling a lot of my old watchmaking tools, so thought that I would treat myself. I thought that my tools were well, past it but some, even had a bidding frenzy at closing time! :) Now, where is that DPD van?
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Re: Nux Mighty Plug Pro

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:42 pm

Well, it's different! I've had to start from scratch again (which isn't a bad thing as it refreshes the memory!). I was a bit worried as I had the tizz, hiss and howl (feedback style) that some reviewers have mentioned but managed to dial it out on some of the settings by "over" moving some of the settings to see if it disappeared (which it did). Forgot to write down which it was, Doh! The mighty plug patches won't work with the pro patches but I am experimenting and learning all the time about which effect does what! :roll: Happy days and another new toy. Once I've got the basics I can move on to linking it to the PC for recording, with backing tracks, etc. Play, play another day! :D
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:17 pm

Update. It seems that my headphones (without a mic) have a TRS plug and that I need a headphone with a mic and a TRRS plug to stop the feedback! (Should have read the specifications more fully!)- I am a bloke, so plug and play is my usual routine!!!)

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/unde ... dio-jacks/
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 pm

Well, long story short, I couldn't get rid of the annoying (and frankly dangerous) noise from the headphone amp. It is going back. I wish that I had kept the original Mighty Plug because the Mighty Plug Pro has given me a real headache (and earache/tinnitus)). There's lots of similar stories on Facebook and fretboard, so I am not alone!!! Come on Nux, sort them out before you damage folks hearing please!
Shadbarmy1

Return to Gear