Jazzmaster Vibrato System

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Jazzmaster Vibrato System

Postby Gatwick1946 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:35 pm

Thank you Jim. I am back online after some health issues (mine and other family members!)

Kindest regards,
Christopher.
Gatwick1946

Full Real Name: Christopher Richard Hill

Re: Jazzmaster Vibrato System

Postby dave robinson » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 pm

I have to confess, I love the look and the sound I get from my 62 Reissue MIJ Jazzmaster and I fitted a Mustang style bridge to it many years ago which does a great job on lighter string gauges, keeping them in place. I'm not a massive fan of the tremolo system though, I find it 'clumsy' but I suppose it does it's job. For that reason I rarely play it, but I just love the iconic look of it, with it's tortoiseshell pickguard on the 3T sunburst finish same as Bruce's. I replaced the pickups with some Seymour Duncan ones which sound more like the old Jazzmaster of the Ventures that we all know and love, but I still have the 'Stratty' sounding originals, should it ever need to go back to it's original state. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to Gear