Help with Zoom G5N Please

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Help with Zoom G5N Please

Postby dakes2 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:57 pm

I have just bought the zoom G5n and having problems importing and loading 3rd party patches,i am using windows 10, as i understand, the file extension for the g5n patches is .ztpc ?
and the way i understand this for importing them is that you download the patch then drag it into the effect pool in guitar lab and the drag it into an empty patch in guitar lab, but the problem i am having is that the patches are not importing, guitar lab just crashes and shuts down, or sometimes just freezes, any help or advice would be most welcome, thanks in advance John
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Re: Help with Zoom G5N Please

Postby stratman999 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:02 am

Try Tonelib for zoom, load each patch individuality. When done download them all onto guitar lab
stratman999

Full Real Name: David Pickwell

Postby shadphil » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:18 am

The zoom Guitar Lab works perfect on my Mac no problems with it..
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Postby dakes2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:11 pm

UPDATE

After spending many hours trying to figure out this problem, its now resolved, I was thinking that the problem was with my windows lap top, but it turned out to be the G5n, the firmware on my G5n was the latest version v3, but i re installed the v3 firmware and its all now working fine as it should, the only thing i can think of is that some how the firmware had become corrupted its happy days again. :D
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Return to Gear