Peavey VK 212 Valve King

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Peavey VK 212 Valve King

Postby dakes2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:05 pm

Just wondering if the Peavey Valve King VK 212 would be a good choice for shadows music, any thoughts or comments on this would be very welcome, thanks
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Re: Peavey VK 212 Valve King

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 am

I have a Peavey Delta Blues 1 x 15 that I have used and it does a good Shadows tone, simply because it's valve line up is similar to the AC30 ie 4 x EL 84 power tubes and ECC83s as well. I don't know if the amp you speak of has a similar configuration. :)

I've just checked and the amp that you speak of has four 6L6 valves that are found in the Fender Twin Reverb and do not lend themselves to Shads sounds so much. i would recommend the Peavey V30 which employs the Vox type valve contingent and they are a available and are reasonably priced on eBay.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby dakes2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:23 pm

Thanks very much Dave for your advice i will take a look. and now a vox cambridge 30 has come up at the right price, which one would you go for ?
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:57 pm

I know little bout the latest Vox Cambridge, but I had one of the early ones 20 years ago and it sounded typically Vox.
Vox products always seem to deliver the "Hank' guitar sound if you set them up to do it.
I don't know the power of them and I suppose it depends on whether you want to gig with it. I'd try it and take it from there.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to Gear