Genuine recording question

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Genuine recording question

Postby Garystrat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:04 am

Just to be sure I checked again regarding the Apogee and the USB ones are now Windows compatible, sorry about that!

It still may not be suitable as you only have jack inputs to connect a mic?
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:52 pm

I'm a total numpty with this stuff but managed to get something on Audacity (tool me a while!).:)
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby Stuart » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:14 pm

Audacity is a very flexible recording tool and does have many useful facilities. Adding multiple tracks,changing speed only or pitch only amongst these.The compression/ limiting is very flexible once you get the hang if it.Files can be added by simple drag and drop snd completed rrcirdings can be exported in a variety of formats. Expanded waveforms make it easy to do very fine editing too. When playing back large numbers of tracks it is worth googling the synchronisation settings which ensure that a corrective delay on is applied to tracks to keep the synchronisation perfect.All in all its more than adequate and its free!
Stuart

Full Real Name: Stuart Watson

Previous

Return to Gear