Vox Heritage AC15H1TV-Opinions please?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Vox Heritage AC15H1TV-Opinions please?

Postby Graylion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

keithmantle wrote:You wont be dissapointed, Great amp and a great price,get a decent Silverstone cover

Thanks for the tip Keith. I hadn't heard of them. I was thinking of going for a "Roqsolid" - here's one on eBay; Item No.330317020362. They are nylon - I wouldn't go for vinyl vovering. I'll check them all out. Coincidently Roqsolid are in Southampton where I live!
Graylion

Postby Nick Allan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

I can second the recommendation of Silverstone covers. Very good and well padded.

Nick.
Nick Allan

Postby RUSSET » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:22 am

I can recommend 'Silverstone' amp covers too. I have had two, for my last two amp acquisitions, & they are excellent quality. Tough vinyl outside & thick padded inside. Very waterproof also. They are handmade by a young guitarist entrepreneur in Coventry, to the highest standards. They do cost a little bit more, but where your best valve amp is concerned, you don't really want it 'Reliced' just yet, do you ? You can speak to the chap directly on the phone too, if you need to.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Didier » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:29 pm

keithmantle wrote:get a decent Silverstone cover

I have a friend who ordered one from them on february 5th and was promised a delivery a few day later, but no delivery yet, neither answers to emails.
Is someone aware of problems with them ?

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Graylion » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 pm

I must say that I'm not at all keen on vinyl - it suffers from temperature changes and gets "vinyl fatigue" due to the heating & cooling extremes after a few years. Out in freezing pub car parks and inside to a sauna where you sweat beer!! Of course there are many different types of 'vinyl' - "Rexine", "Tolex" and upholstery material etc.. It needs a good bonded fabric backing to make a useful cover.

I have a motorcycle cover that's outside, in all weathers and has been for about 5 years. It has just faded but hasn't degraded so I KNOW that nylon is very tough and durable. I don't intend to leave my amps outside of course - but you see my point!

I might ask Roqsolid If I can actually see one of their covers in the flesh as they are local to me.
Graylion

Postby chas » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 pm

dave robinson wrote:I saw and heard them on the tour at Sheffield Arena and to be honest there was nothing that I heard that would tempt me to buy any new gear.The sound was a massive improvement on the Shads final tour, but still a long way off what I expected, although very nice.

Interesting Dave - I thought so too.
Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby peter roest » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello Folks,

The greatest mistake in opinions or testing panels is that opinions mostly are based on eyewitness.
If you don't see the amp and you have to recognize the Vox between other brands, I know for shure that your ears cannot find out which is the Vox.

Peter
peter roest

Postby Amanda » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Lionel wrote:

"I might ask Roqsolid If I can actually see one of their covers in the flesh as they are local to me."

Sounds a bit Hannnibal Lecter'ish to me - amp covers made from flesh!! :lol:

Amanda (Still suffering after a Kidney infection and an Antibiotic that I now know I'm allergic to!)

P.s. Wish I'd have known it before!
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Graylion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Ah - poor Amanda! Not allergic to the penicillin family are ya? I found out I was allergic to Ampicillin after I had my appendix out when I was a lad - came out in red spots! When I needed stuff again for kidney stones (V. Painful!! :shock: )they used a different antibiotic.

HAHA! I don't think Roqsolid use REAL flesh although they ARE a custom cover maker! :twisted:
Graylion

Postby Martyn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am

Graylion wrote:Ah - poor Amanda! Not allergic to the penicillin family are ya? I found out I was allergic to Ampicillin after I had my appendix out when I was a lad - came out in red spots! When I needed stuff again for kidney stones (V. Painful!! :shock: )they used a different antibiotic.

I had Gallstones back in the seventies and whilst awaiting subsequent removal of the gall bladder (Royal South Hants - butchers anonymous) they'd put me on Fortril, to which I also reacted badly. Driving from Southampton to Fareham along the M27 I was convinced I was sitting on the car roof with my arms passing down each side and in through the windows to steer the car, which seemed to wander from side to side of the motorway. :o
What one might call an 'interesting' experience and I have absolutely no idea how I managed to reach my destination without mishap. :shock: A colleague who was following saw no unusual driving patterns so that was a bit weird - either that or I was driving all over the place and he just thought that was normal for me . . . :P
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

PreviousNext

Return to Gear